Academy updating thier 48th Eagles

Academy F-15D Eagle (reissue) 48 1686 2009 New

Academy F-15E Strike Eagle (reissue) 48 1687S 2009 New

Academy F-15K SLAM Eagle 48 12213 2009 New

It sounds like they are reissuing them with an updated sprue like the Bombcat. Somewhere around the web in the last couple of days I saw the diagram of the spures but not in enough detail to really get any idea of what the diffs would be with the 'D' and 'E' releases.

Matt

Considering the slam (no pun intended) against the Academy E was that it was simply a D with CFTs and inaccurate pylons I am wondering what the differances are also. But from what I understand the upgrades to the fighter Eagle are pretty minor and may be accounted for on the sprues with an antenna or two. The Strike Eagle mods seem to be to the gear and gear doors but the second sprue seems to have lots more bits than those alone - wheels and drop tanks.

One sprue in the pic was the CFTs and pylons and the second was all of the other bits and there seemed to be alot of them. Maybe I can find them and link to them here, let me look.

Matt

http://data3.primeportal.net/models/thomas...my_04_of_17.jpg

Here is the pic of the SLAM Eagle sprues from Thomas Voigt (Hawkeyes Hobbies)

Matt

Here is the index page for all of his pics

http://www.primeportal.net/models/nuremberg_2009.htm

Edited by Matt Roberts

:lol:!!!!

I see;

4x AIM-9X

4x AIM-120C

2x AGM-84E

2x GBU-31

6x GBU-38

4x LAU-128

Revised CFT pylons

Revised LANTIRN equip

GE F-110s

New IPs

New ejection seats

Hot holy-smokin' Mama-luvin' shagelicious shadelicious sweet Sunday Surprise!

Something just knocked the Kinetigawa F-16I off the top of my 'next purchase' list!

Meanwhile 1/72 scale still has no accurate F-15E kit. They must be waiting till the jet gets some time in service.

Regards,

Murph

Murph,

Same thing can be said about the AH-64D Apache Longbow. No accurate 1/72 kit of that either. :)

Cheers,

Alby

So will this be an updated E that really is a D with CFTs or will it really be a Strike Eagle?

PERSONAL OPINION ONLY....BE WARNED...

It looks like they have updated a lot of parts on it (CFT's and such), but I still think that it's essentially going to be a "souped up" Delta. We shall see though. At the request of a certain ARCer, I will refrain from further comment till the kit hits the shelves.

Aaron

PERSONAL OPINION ONLY....BE WARNED...

It looks like they have updated a lot of parts on it (CFT's and such), but I still think that it's essentially going to be a "souped up" Delta. We shall see though. At the request of a certain ARCer, I will refrain from further comment till the kit hits the shelves.

Aaron

thanks. I am waiting for the reviews before I pick one up

I'll get one regardless for three reasons;

1). It's an Eagle, I only have one so far.

2). It's sorta esoteric, and I absolutely love the unusual

3). Weapons. this comes with alot of them.

And of course, the reason why I buy any recent Acad release (Razorback F-16, Bombcat, 1:72 Hornet/F-16).......the weapons DECAL$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!1

Yes,

my full name is indeed Thomas Voigt, but I´m not the guy from Hawkeyes Hobbies...

Thomas

Wow there are two of you around the modeling boards!

My appologies for misidentifying you

Matt

I hope there is not another of me running around here...one who likes Academy kits and the Kinetic Viper

Wow there are two of you around the modeling boards!

My appologies for misidentifying you

Matt

I hope there is not another of me running around here...one who likes Academy kits and the Kinetic Viper

Should I rename myself then? Wait, you've never had a decalgasm...so I guess not.