Academy updating thier 48th Eagles

Decals in the F-15K kit were printed by Cartograf, so there is nothing to complain about them really.

Pawel

:lol: Maybe i was thinking the bombcat and Razorback F-16 sheets then? 'Cause I still love those, are those the ones people dislike? why?

• 2 weeks later...
Do someone know the placement of the L labelled armory (102nd Sq) of the decal sheet?

And identification numbers of dedicated planes.?

Hi, 122nd and 102nd squadrons of the ROKAF 11th Fighter Wing is based in Daegu and participate in Red Flag 08-04

can not find any photos of {L labelled armory (102nd Sq)} on any aircraft

Edited by magman2
Hi, 122nd and 102nd squadrons of the ROKAF 11th Fighter Wing is based in Daegu and participate in Red Flag 08-04

can not find any photos of {L labelled armory (102nd Sq)} on any aircraft

f15k_redflag_2_20080808.jpg

thanks.

Just saw in that 102nd and 122nd pool their aircraft and only show the 1st Fighter Wing badge.

will be hard to find the right airframes for the right squadron.

Academy had released a revision sheet for decals application:

they correct Data link decals part too:

http://www.academy.co.kr/1plastic_model/f15k_slameagle/f15k_slameagle_b12_1.html

b_12_1.jpg

Pretty funny, they still goofed up - "DATE LINK pod" - You wouldn't think an Eagle Driver and WSO wouldn't be that hard up for women, but who knows these days.

Edited by Fuji
Upon closer examination, I noticed on the decal placement sheet that they omitted the AWW-13 data link pod (though its in the assembly instructions) included in the kit, but included on the sheet and the decals for the AN/AXQ-14 pod which is not in the kit. So, does this mean the release of the F-15E will have this pod or is it a case of SNAFU at Academy? I hope its a case of putting the wrong pod in the the wrong instruction sheets (I'm telling you guys, most of the manufacturers know nothing about their subjects) and that the pod will be included in the 15E kit. The problem being, there are no decals for the AWW-13 pod on the sheet. Luckily, I do have good shots of these markings when I did several S-3 walk arounds so maybe we can get Bob to include them if he does the S-3s I sent him references for.

Now that's interesting and worrying at the same time. :banana:

Edited by sv51macross