Tamiya 1/32nd scale F-16CJ (Block 50) Fighting Falcon

Hello everyone, :worship:

Thanks for stopping by. I'd like to show a few images of my recent F-16 build if I may. The model is about 95% complete. I've still got to finish the ECM pod and scratch-build a pylon, plus I forgot I had n't added a door under the gun bay yet... :worship: :lol:

I hope those two omissions won't prevent you from enjoying the walkaround anyway.

tn_Viperwalkaround002.jpg

tn_Viperwalkaround005.jpg

tn_Viperwalkaround017.jpg

tn_Viperwalkaround009.jpg

tn_Viperwalkaround001.jpg

tn_Viperwalkaround006.jpg

tn_Viperwalkaround016.jpg

tn_Viperwalkaround007.jpg

Edited by geedubelyer

Aha! It finally happened! The sun is higher day by day and the show goes on! She is great! :crying2:

Very nice photoart as well. (But I suspect that some shots are taken from a real thing. :lol: ) :)

Happy modeling!

Alexander.

:rolleyes:

Having just made the same kit, I can honestly say your build is AMAZING! Only nit is the Tamiya gap in front of the glareshield. A little white glue and a wet Q-tip, followed by flat black seals the deal.

Again, an excellent job!

Great photos, Guy...and the model's not too bad either :D !

After reading your entire build thread for this one at least twice, I can see why your model is so "photogenic"... I just recieved "The Modern Viper Guide" the day you posted this, and after seeing your amazing photos I can't wait to get started on my 1/32 Block 30C project!

I especially like the work you did on the exhausts, and the subtle yet prominent weathering effects overall. You could probably sneak a couple of your pics into a series of 1/1 scale walkaround photos without anyone being the wiser!

Again, really nice stuff!

:woot.gif: Rob

Edited by Rraab

There's nothing left to be said that hasn't already been mentioned by others.

Simply a stunning model, with all those neat details that are supposed to be

there. Nice you went with the assymetric load as well. :D

Your photographing skills are just excellent, I couldn't tell it from a real jet

on those photos..

Excellent work! :woot.gif:

Hi guys,

I'm thrilled that you like the Viper and thank you all so much for the kind words and comments, very much appreciated.

I appreciate the compliments on the photography but I think there is alot of luck involved. That, and only choosing the best pics to show!

Kai, I'll try to add a few pics more with the last bits attached once I've mustered the enthusiasm. The FlightPath ECM pod is o.k. but there are one or two shape issues which is why I lost interest.....

chuk540z3, thanks for pointing that nit out. I was oblivious to the gap :tease: Even after spending hours studying reference images on the net and in various books I still thought it was meant to be like that. I'll try to remember to attend to it when I finish the other bits.

Isaac, thank you for the kind words. The exhaust is the kit part lightly re-worked. Paint is Alcad II lacquers and Gunze Sangyo metallisers for the darker, heat stained areas of each petal. HTH (There is a bit more detailled explanation in the build thread :P )

Once again, thanks for the encouragement and to all who have looked in. :crying2:

:P

Guy

You have an eerie ability to make a model look real, I can only guess it is in part due to your ability to restrain your paintjobs perfectly and not over emphasise things, it all comes together in a way that makes us all swear we are looking at the real thing.

Brilliant my friend, just brilliant :salute::thumbsup:

Oh Yeah!!!! :thumbsup:

I've been waiting for this walkaround for a while!

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Awesome... :banana::banana: :(

Thanks for posting the pictures and I'm looking forward to more when it is 100% finished!

:cheers: