F-8/A-7 Group Build?

• 7 months later...

Count me in - with a Phil AF F-8 Crusader (1/72). I take it it starts today...

Soppy me - I just checked the GB calendar; 1st Nov not 1st Oct. Fine - still in! Looking forward to it. :salute:

Edited by Cloggy
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I was going to do the A-7E Corsair but as you all know due to fire I will no longer be able to do that one. However, by the generosity of Caudleryan I have been given an F-8E Crusader that I will be building in places of the Corsair. Let the games begin!

Edited by JMan

You know, I always thought the best complementary plane (shape, design-wise, etc) to the F-8 and A-7 was the F-100 Super Saber.

Tell me I'm wrong, eh? Sucks in, blows out, no bumps along the way except the wings and the cockpit!

When this GB ends?

If there is enough time I'd try to do bouth of them in 48th from ESCI ( I'm fan of old kits,and not every one has raised panel).

F-8 would be Red Rippers from my research coner topic and A-7 of HAF.

And another Q is it 1.10. or 1.11.

Sorry about the lack if contact so far on this one, college work has kinda taken over!

I'll need someone to help with the running of proceedings, maybe even two of you; let me know by PM if you want to. I'll get onto the case of subforums when I get home from holiday ( I am a spammer....please report this post. aren't that great) but in the mean time if a co-runner wants to sort things out beforehand then feel free.

All the best,

Ben

Ben, gents,

I'd like to join in this GB, with at least one of each aircraft in 1/72 scale. Proposed kits are the Academy F-8E in VF-11 or VMFA-232/5 markings and the Hobbyboss A-7, perhaps an Hellenic A-7E or a USN TA-7C/EA-7L. I can see that curbing my enthusiasm for the jets will be the first hurdle.

Mind if I get started today? I'm quite confident that I won't have more than 25% done by kickoff tomorrow.....

Cheers for now,

Andrew.