Bonehammer,

Thanks for the comments (and tips). The blue painter's tape is quite nice ... thinner than regular masking tape and low stick which makes it easy to work with. I actually got it for masking but sometimes you just try what you have handy ...

Working multiple projects can go either way. I really like the F-2's so it's remaining fun, for now :thumbsup:

Been curious, but does your nickname have anything to do with your profession?

regards,

Gary F

ps saw your 720mm figure project ... nice paint job, looks very realistic!

Bonehammer,

Thanks for the comments (and tips). The blue painter's tape is quite nice ... thinner than regular masking tape and low stick which makes it easy to work with. I actually got it for masking but sometimes you just try what you have handy ...

Working multiple projects can go either way. I really like the F-2's so it's remaining fun, for now :jaw-dropping:

Somehow I've never tried of using that, I liked stretched sprue because it gave a thickness comparable to the molded details you can find eg on Monogram kits... but I could always use two layers...

I have stuff that works like a charm from my previous work - and I don't know whether something similar is available to the general public. It's low-tack adhesive foil. Makes great panels, too.

Been curious, but does your nickname have anything to do with your profession?

No cigar I'm afraid: it's a loose translation of my surname. Right now, I couldn't come up with a nick related to my profession other than Rust-Eze, Corogard, or Ferox...

ps saw your 720mm figure project ... nice paint job, looks very realistic!

Somehow the scale keeps changing... it's at 850mm now... and you ought to see the paint jobs she gives herself during meals. I've got paintmules with less layers on!

• 1 month later...