EDIT: NEW LINK

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20225705,00.html

Heres the gist of it anyway:

Originally posted Sunday September 14, 2008 07:45 PM EDT

Photo by: SGranitz / WireImageVal Kilmer Considering New Mexico Governor Run? | Val Kilmer

He is voice of the car Kitt in the new Knight Rider series, but could Val Kilmer's next role be the voice of New Mexico?

Former presidential candidate and current New Mexico governor Bill Richardson has been fueling speculation that the Batman Forever star may replace him as governor of the 47th state in 2010.

"I like the idea," Richardson told reporters on Thursday. "Val Kilmer is a New Mexican, he was Batman. You know there have been successful actors going into politics."

Earlier this year, Kilmer got the rumor mill turning when he hinted that he'd consider a run for office.

Adds Richardson, who stopped short of endorsing Kilmer, "I haven't talked to him about it, I don't know how serious he is, but you know if he jumps in a race he's got name ID, so it can't be discounted."

A native of Los Angeles, Kilmer has for many years lived on a sprawling ranch outside of Pecos, where he raises bison. He is actively involved in The Wildlife Center of New Mexico.

While George Clooney is known for his political causes, if Kilmer were elected, he would be the first Batman to achieve elected office – at least in the real world.

On TV's animated Family Guy series, Adam West, who played the Caped Crusader on the popular TV show, has been the animated mayor of the fictional Rhode Island hamlet of Quahog.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Stranger things have happened. There is no shortage of actors who have become successful governors, or at least, popular governors. This article is from November 7th of last year though. Since then, Bill Richardson wasn't picked for Secretary of State and he withdrew himself from the nomination for Commerce Secretary. So, the odds of this happening just went down.

Wouldn't the desert heat melt the iceman?

DANGER DANGER....HIJACKER PROGRAM IN THAT LINK!! I just had to clear things up when I hit the link...all at once 20 some internet windows opened up....

Really? I was there at the same time you were and I didn't get anything. I'm gonna run a scan now.

Really? I was there at the same time you were and I didn't get anything. I'm gonna run a scan now.

I'm on the computer at work and while there is a chance someone else hit a site dumping popups the way I was getting I ain't taking chances...double check to be sure.

This is a shared network and maybe someone was looking on some other site but its odd as soon as I hit the link BOOM.

• 1 year later...