I can't stand waiting around any more. I'm enjoying watching all the great builds unfold and I want to be a part of the action, not to say that mine will be great, but you get the idea. So here I come with the timeless Airfix 737. I plan on finishing her in PWA colours using Whiskey Jack decals. Pics to follow shortly.

Edited by DC10Oiller
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally, after having to devote more time and attention to other projects this one is back on the front burner. All the main paint colours are on, though it looks like I'll have to paint the horizontal stab roots to match the blue decals as there should be no white showing back there.

IMGP1647.jpg

This one has to be done for May 30th so I can't be dragging my feet on it much longer.

I'm looking forward to seeing this one finished. While the kit is certainly an old classic, with work it still builds up into a presentable model. If my stash of these kits holds out long enough I'll build one of the PWA birds someday.

Rob W

• 1 month later...

I've been off-line for a while so my updates and postings have been severly lacking. The 737 is getting close to done, but that's when things usually fall apart.

IMGP1630.jpg

The fuselage decals are huge and I was a little nervous about how they would fit. I photo copied them and tested the fit and they seemed to work well, but...

IMGP1631.jpg

They just don't want to meet up exactly at the back. I spent almost 2 hours with an artist friend trying to come up with a colour match for the blue with no luck. I've got another set of PWA decals kicking around so I'm thinking I'll piece together the remaining areas with some of those.

I missed my deadline of May 30th, but hopefully I'll make it by the end of this month.

Outstanding, this looks great so far! :D I have run into mismatched decals on an airliner more than a few times in the past, and I have found that a scrap bit of decal film from the same sheet or an extra copy seems to work out the best in covering bald spots.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Well she's finally all done.

IMGP1689.jpg

I managed to piece together enough spare decal to cover up the tail. She's good from afar, but far from good in my opinion, but at least she's complete.

IMGP1680.jpg

Now she sits along side the rest of her cousins.

IMGP1696.jpg

Edited by DC10Oiller
  • 2 weeks later...

Love your spread of Canadian 737's. That's a fun little airliner to build. I'm currently putting finishing touches on an orange Zip Airlines which will be added to my CP Air, Nordair, Westjet and transair and I still have three more of the old Airfix kits in the stash for future builds.

rob