HAF TF-104G 1/48

Kiki.o just Awesome!! Cant wait to see it finished, how did you go about weathering up the camo? I have quite a few 104's to build also and have this decal sheet, the one I am wanting to do is the 4th one down that was part of the German ceremony where the paint has peeled off at the backend.

Kiki.o just Awesome!! Cant wait to see it finished, how did you go about weathering up the camo? I have quite a few 104's to build also and have this decal sheet, the one I am wanting to do is the 4th one down that was part of the German ceremony where the paint has peeled off at the backend.

Yup, I thought That I could give that one a go on the next build, but i have 2 SEA F-104s, and belgian one is in a wait for Daco's decals, so I won't be building it anytime soon. Would be challenging project, that's for sure.

Thank you, once again, for the pic you emailed. :yahoo:

The faded camo is made by Honza's advice, but somewhat modified. In short, after base color is applied, lighter tone of respective color is used for the random lightening the middle of each panel. Darker tone is used for postshading on the panels and such.

Hope this helps. :pray:

Tomorrow I'll add some more fading, and see how that will turn up.

Hopefully I'll turn to decaling soon.

Kristijan

Edited by kiki.o
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

Finally, I've made some progress on my Starfighter build...

The paintjob is finished, decals are on, now only I need to tint them down a little, and then onto final steps of the build.

Here are some pics...

tf-104_46.jpg

tf-104_47.jpg

tf-104_45.jpg

tf-104_43.jpg

tf-104_44.jpg

tf-104_41.jpg

Hi all,

Thank you all for your kind words of support.

I'll try to finish it up until next weekend (May 23rd) for a local modeling contest, and to finally put it off my workbench, since It has been a while since I've finished a model.

Keep in mind that this TF,is an ex-GAF plane with a different exhaust,like one of the F-4E!

Ha,ha... Just the other day I had a discussion with a friend of mine regarding the exhaust, and I have thought that this kind of exhaust I've put on is a right choice. My bad then. :explode:

Thanks for your input. No problem on that, since I already do have an Aires exhaust set for the F-104S, and will use that one.

But just wondering.... When did they start to use those (Phantom-like) kind of exhaust? I know that All F-104S have it, but what about the (T)F-104G? Did the F-104G had an modernization where it received this kind of engine? All countries or only Germans did?

Anyone who knows is welcome with the inputs, so I know for my future projects, and not to mess that up again. :unsure:

Thanks in advance, Kristijan