Review of 1/72 Hobbyboss HH-60J Jayhawk

I just published a second review from Thomas on Modellversium: German Navy Lynx Mk.88 - HobbyBoss

Have a nice day,

Tim

Have a nice day? I'll have a great day (well, tomorrow really, as it's past my bed time now) thanks to you gentlemen! This could get really messy; the Lynx looks lovely and I'm intrigued by the way Hobbyboss has moulded the intake screens on the Lynx. Good stuff.

Andrew.

And before anyone asks, Coast Guard aircraft are painted white and International Orange FS 12197. Same color as the Golden Gate Bridge. Yes, you can find photos where it looks red, and you can probably find photos where it looks mauve or something, but the USCG specs I have specify 12197 for USCG aircraft.

J

Great reviews, thanks guys! Looking forward to seeing both in my LHS.

Aaaarghhh; more kits to buy, not a problem, BUT my pet peeve with the manufacturers is molded on wipers for the windscreen!!! :bandhead2::thumbsup:

I really wish they leave them to the modeller to add or ignore as they see fit!

Crasshhhh :soapbox: that's me falling off the soap box.

And before anyone asks, Coast Guard aircraft are painted white and International Orange FS 12197. Same color as the Golden Gate Bridge. Yes, you can find photos where it looks red, and you can probably find photos where it looks mauve or something, but the USCG specs I have specify 12197 for USCG aircraft.

J

I can second that. International Orange is correct for white/orange schemes. The blue stripe is French Blue (Tesors Model Master) as well, in case you want to paint it on. Those are the exact colors I used on my 1/35 MH-60J conversion.

IMG_0406-5.jpg

The overall orange scheme, as on HH/MH-65 Dauphins, is actually more red though. MM Chevy Engine Red is a near perfect match for it.

mh65.JPG

I can second that. International Orange is correct for white/orange schemes. The blue stripe is French Blue (Tesors Model Master) as well, in case you want to paint it on. Those are the exact colors I used on my 1/35 MH-60J conversion.

IMG_0406-5.jpg

The overall orange scheme, as on HH/MH-65 Dauphins, is actually more red though. MM Chevy Engine Red is a near perfect match for it.

mh65.JPG

You are correct, the HH-65 is Tangerine, not International Orange which I think is the reason for so much confusion.

• 10 months later...
So has anyone built this kit yet?

Did you like it?

On modellversium there is one:

http://www.modellversium.de/galerie/1-hubs...-hobbyboss.html

In short, it is a nice kit for the money. But he prefers the Fireball Modelworks conversion

Here is the article on his Hasegawa + FB

http://www.modellversium.de/galerie/1-hubs...k-hasegawa.html

Hope this helps

Tim