Well, seeing Tigger's completed kit sealed the deal for me. I ordered it from Sprue Brothers and it arrived in time for my BD on Feb 3.

I started looking for build-ups and there seem to be 4 floating around (Kurt and Randy at LSP and Ron and Rick over here). I was surpised to read

how much of a struggle this limited-run kit can be....so I decided to jump in with both feet here. Hopefully I can Git''R done by June 30. I also

had to get back on the horse after the Eduard Fw190...it's still waiting just finishing touches but here I am starting this one up (I usually

only work on one thing at a time) :doh:

Here's the box

DSC_0226.jpg

Here's yet another AeroDetail book....funny it has JEJ on the cover

DSC_0227.jpg

And yes....I'll be doing the invasion stripes. I kinda think they're cool.

Normally I would start hacking away at the resin cockpit pieces but the fuse-wing join problem needed my immediate

attention. Here's what you get if you just jam the fuse halves together and then try to mate them with

the assembled (taped!) wing-halves

DSC_0233.jpg

B)

I stuck a piece of sprue in as a shim as such

DSC_0237.jpg

And now the dry-fit looks a little better

DSC_0231.jpg

The biggest problem is now the gap the shim has introduced.....namely

DSC_0230.jpg

But this looks like it can be dealt with some Evergreen sheet and some putty. Oddly enough the shim

towards the front helps out a fit issue at the bottom of the fuse by the wing fillet.

Thanks for looking :)

Hallo, here are my PCM Spit build :-D It is really difficult kit :wave:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.ph...652&hl=Spit

Thanks Jakub...yes I saw that when I was looking around. I actually got the spacer idea from your build (Thanks!) but I don't think mine needs

one at the wing root like yours did. Start posting some more progress on yours so you can be my 'point man' :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like my last update got walloped with the database....so here's a repost

Interior painted with Humbrol, washed with oil/turpenoid and dry-brushed with Tamiya flat aluminum. Seat is

Tamiya Hull Red with a pinch of Red Brown. Leather (which I suck at) is Tamiya Red Brown dry-brushed with

Tamiya Buff

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

Kit IP 'sandwich'

DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

Thanks for looking.

:(

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed I haven't updated in a while

Oddly enough, the insertion of the frames for the cockpit eliminated the need for the shim/spacer. I was left with a minor step by the

carb intake that I should have cleaned up more but I can live with it.

So here it is with primer on

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

Pre-shaded...mostly out of habit, I think it will be lost on the top-side

DSC_0277.jpg

White laid down for invasion stripes and then masked off....lower side grey applied. Don't let the blue hue

throw you off...It's grey in reality but I really needed to do a custom WB setup on my D80 for the shot and I was lazy

DSC_0285.jpg

Another upper shot showing all of the tape this thing consumed.....love that Tamiya tape...should buy stock in it

DSC_0288.jpg

since these shots were taken the upper camo was sprayed and the masks removed....still needs a touchup so

I'll post when I get that done. May take a while since I'm evacuating the ground-floor of the house for a kitchen-reno

and repaint....it will be a stretch to get this finished by April 30 but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for looking

:rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Woah....time flies. Noticed I haven't updated since March 27 which was when my kitchen / main-floor reno started. I had the kit to the

point below so I'm posting these in order to spur myself on to complete it in the next few days before the deadline....It's not as easy as

it sounds since all my stuff is still mostly packed away. I need to re-work some of the camo areas, put together and paint the prop and

landing gear and gloss/ decal / weather / flat ......no problem :thumbsup:

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

Thanks for looking

:coolio:

Wow that is looking impressive. Will it be finished before the deadline?

Working on it :thumbsup: .....hope I don't botch something because I'm in a hurry. I haven't missed a GB deadline yet so I'm motivated. Helps that

SWMBO is out of town this week too.

And she's done....just under the wire with 6 hours to go. Had a near disaster after gloss...it dropped to the floor landing on it's

nose (that mark on the spinner isn't weathering...it's real battle damage :whistle:). This popped the wing off and jamming everything back

together introduced a nice gap by the carb intake....going to have to take a mulligan on that one in the interest of saying

"I'm done"

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

Thanks for looking :cheers: