Monogram Visible B-17

I got one of these kits and my son is trying to get me to build the plane with the clear side--I know its not fully accurate inside but there is a lot of detail you can't see when the two sides are buttoned up. How would you glue the two sides together without messing up the clear parts

The absolute best stuff I've ever found for gluing clear parts is G-S Hypo Cement. You can find it in Hobby Lobby over in the jewelry section. It's used to gluing watch faces on, so it won't fog up and the applicator is a big hypodermic needle so you have alot of control. I'm going to buy a fresh tube for my B-17 :monkeydance:

John

I would glue, fill, and sand as per usual, then mask off some clear sections before painting. No need to leave the entire half clear..just leave some large clear areas to show off the crew compartments and bombay.

SN

I would glue, fill, and sand as per usual, then mask off some clear sections before painting. No need to leave the entire half clear..just leave some large clear areas to show off the crew compartments and bombay.

SN

Great ideal Steve--that does solve my problem

If you wanted more clear space than the amebas, you could simply mask off the whole side of the fuselage, but instead of going down the centerline where the seam is, move in 1/4" to 3/8". You could dress and conceal the jont and still have a whole clear fuselage half.