Suggestion on new kit

Wow

This is already page 4 and I am only third (plus one suggestion to improve the Sabre) to suggest something in 32nd. Seems the chances are not high. However, I would say that not yet covered century series jets may not be bad (including already suggested new tool Starfighter).

And when Kinetic makes lot of money on all those 48ths, how about making an elderly gentleman happy bringing 32nd scale B-17? :cheers:

Jozef from Slovakia

I think a Russian weapons/pods set in 48 would be sweet.

I'd also be in on the MiG-23/27, but an idea: if at all possible, arrange it so the section from intake forwards is a separate construction. This would of course allow for the different nose styles, but also for something else: the U (2-seat trainer) variants. Have the kit such that a MiG-23UB could be built out of it as well, I'd be at the shop on day of release to buy two.

Also (in 48):

F-86D

L-39

L-29

Il-28

Helicopters: Mi-1/2/4/8

Less seriously since I doubt there'd be too much market for it, I'd love to see kits of Galeb, Super Galeb, Orao, Jastreb... and the PZL-104 Wilga. ;)

All in 1/48

MiG-25

MiG-23/27

Mi-8/17

Twin engined Huey series Bell212/412

Hawker Hunter

A lot of the subjects I've seen posted so far would be too esoteric to sell much as the product would need to have widespread market appeal.

Stephen

Thanks for asking Raymond - Just in case you're still reading the thread; here's my wish-list...

All in 1/48 scale

Mirage IIIE/5/50 & Kfir family - Loads of users world-wide since the 60's with a great variety of color/camouflage schemes & insignia = loads of potential customers globally! :sunrevolves: A good, modern injection-mold kit is long overdue - the ESCI kits are long-in-the-tooth.

Mirage F.1 family - A good variety of users world-wide since the 60's with a great variety of color/camouflage schemes & insignia = loads of potential customers globally! A good, modern injection-mold kit is long overdue - the ESCI kits are getting long-in-the-tooth. I still want a Mirage F.1AZ to go with my Albatros Dark Mirage decals from Eli!

MiG-23/27 - Widely used by Eastern-bloc, the Middle Eastern, African (and other Soviet client) nations since the 60's with a great variety of color/camouflage schemes & insignia = loads of potential customers globally! :nanner: A good, modern injection-mold kit is long overdue - the ESCI kits are long-in-the-tooth.

FJ-3 Fury - You'll corner the market! :) There is no good, modern injection-mold kit - the ESCI kits are hard to find and the molds were made in the 70's.

Yak-27/28 'Flashlight/Brewer' - You'll corner the market on this one too! :) The Yak-27/28 is just plain cool & has a 1950's 'Buck Rogers' look to it. To the best of my knowledge, there has never been an injection mold kit of this aircraft - period.

And they're mentioned every time this kind of thread comes up but they've not been made yet...

International weapons kits (UK,France,Israel,Russia, etc.) - Air to Ground, Air to Air, Anti-Ship, Unguided Rockets, Missiles, Bombs (dumb & guided), ECM pods, Reconnaisance pods, anything else that you can think of. There should be enough subject matter to devise 3 or 4 weapons kits.

:) & happy modeling, Bryan

Edited by Bryan H.
FJ-3 Fury - You'll corner the market! :) There is no good, modern injection-mold kit - the ESCI kits are hard to find and the molds were made in the 70's.

And not only are the ESCI kits hard to find and old, they aren't accurate representations of an FJ-3 Fury. They are kind of a mess, as basically they are F-86's with tailhooks. The intakes are all wrong, among many other problems and the kit can't accurately portray either an FJ-2 OR 3. So it is safe to say that there is NO good, modern injection molded model of an FJ-2 or 3.

Rick

A good quality to dollar ratio would be my primary concern.

Your F-16 kit is currently trading hands for the price of two pints. I think that's the issue you need to fix, prior to tackling new subjects.

Yes, as far as I know, some fixing work is being done, but no schedule yet.

hi Raymond,

perhaps you should come out with a list of kits and scales, and allow us to vote on it instead? this will save you the trouble of going through a 100 or more post

and thanks to you and Kinetic for this effort

So far, we have no fixed idea of what is going to be done. But we are getting opinion as well as information from other channel (like distributor, retail shop...) to consolidate a plan for coming 12-36 months product development. Some of other work is being done, but we definitley looking forward on other subject which require time to research.

Ok the ol' Rumormonger chiming in here.....

Remember that Hobbyboss has a pretty strong release program right now that takes care of some of the stuff listed in the thread.

Tornado....both ADV and IDS 'listed' exactly how many and which boxings not yet known.

F-111 - ditto an early F-111A is shown on the Hobbyboss list but nothing else known yet, considering mostly it's inlets that differ I figure we'll see all of them

A-6 nothing really but if Trumpeter ever *hits and gets off the pot with the 72nd and 32nd releases I figure Hobbyboss will follow a year or so later.

F-8 I figure next year or so we'll see a scale down of the Trumpy 32nd

J-10....Trumpeter is supposed to be doing both a single seat 'A' and a dual seat 'B' this year sometime

Jaguar - rumours are around that Trumpy is looking at a 32nd and therefore I figure a 48th Hobbyboss would follow it whenever it is released.

Mig-23/27 Trumpy has a 32nd coming, so I figure 2010 or 11 will see Floggers

Su-22 Trumpy has been looking at one in 32nd so dittos

Helo wise the Lynx is rumoured to be a joint project with a couple of European mfgs, guess which two. My guesses are the one known for helos and the other a reborn company where they are used by all branches of the armed services (well all but the air force I guess)

What all of this means is that I figure that the folks at Kinetic 'know' what is being planned by the Trumpy/Hobbyboss planners. Remember it was strongly hinted around here when we had the Kinetic Tomcat threads that they were not looking at one as it was probable that Hobbyboss was doing one (along with Tamiya if my memory works). Now we have 'confirmation' from the leaked Hobbyboss catalog that they are coming in the next 12-18 months or so.

So here is my suggestions for what I think may be profitable for Kinetic to look at. All 48th

An RF-84 Thunderflash, the F-84 is nice how about a recce to join it on alot of shelves.

Early F-5s. With the later Tigers being taken care of by Academy (and AFV - maybe) the earlier Freedom Fighters are a definate hole in the market right now with lots of users all over the world and combat useage by the Americans.

Earlier F-86s - the A and E both are underrepresented by mfgs now and I made the same push when Tamiya USA was looking around a few months back.

Mirages - Since it now appears that Eduard and Hobbyboss are stopping at the C/CJ the other later ones would be a strong subject, widely used and used in combat, though not shot down by Americans.

Kfir - pretty widely used and shares - I presume - bits with a Mirage IIIE/5 tooling

Mirage F-1s Again lots of users and many variants - and some were shot down by Americans :soapbox:

Mig-29s - lots of users and minor variants that model makers love

Mig-25 - though rumored to be Trumpeter

Su-27 - rumoured to be Trumpeter/Hobbyboss

Early 'tin wing' Harriers and SHARS - rumored to be out there but by whom?

Early Mig-21s - though I suspect Hobbyboss may pop out the 32nd Trumpeter Mig-21F/J-7s one day once the Mig-17s are through the market.

I seriously doubt we'll see 48th transports and such, especially by a smaller company. Too big, too expensive and not many repeat purchases. The only WW II ones I'd put in a vote for would be the Blenheim and the Do-17, a personal defeat in that the CA kit beat me and I won't waste money on another no matter how desireable the subject in limited run.

Matt

Matt

OK here is what I do to aid and stream line this thread. I have done way larger than this thread with computer updates for Strike Fighters Project 1

1/48 EA-6B Prowler Was done by Airfix and monogram which is the best by many.

1/48 A-6E Intruder monogram made is and was later re-issued by Revell last time re-issue was last year i blieve.

1/48 CH-54 Skycrane/S-64 Erickson Air-Crane something we can have as not done in my memory.

Lockheed F-80/T-33/F-94 family

Douglas A-3 Skywarrior/B-66 Destroyer

Grumman S2F-1/S-2 Tracker/WF/E-1 Tracer/TF/C-1 Trader

1/48 F11F Tiger (short & long nose) Very good thing to have this done!!!!!

Gloster Javelin FAW.7/8

B/RB-45 Tornado

Yak-25/28

Be-6/12

FJ-2/3 Fury

MiG 23/27

F-86 with slated wing in 1/32

F-86E

F-86F

1/48

Kfir

Strikemaster/Provost

FJ-2

FJ-3

A-6

Texan II/PC-9

AMX

Mirage F1 family

Mirage III family (IIIE, IIIR, Kfir, etc)

Sepecat Jaguar (French and British)

UH-1N family (AB-212 ASW is a must!)

EH 101 Merlin/Cormorant

Saab Viggen

Entire century series (particularly F-101 Voodoo)

Jaguar family (A/E/GR1/GR3/T/Indian, Nigerian, Ecuatorian, Oman)

Mirage family (III, IV, V, 50 and derivatif from Israel, south africa, Chili...)

Mirage F1 family C, CR, CT, B and exports versions

The ultimate Century serie

Viggen family

An RF-84 Thunderflash, the F-84 is nice how about a recce to join it on alot of shelves.

Early F-5s. With the later Tigers being taken care of by Academy (and AFV - maybe) the earlier Freedom Fighters are a definate hole in the market right now with lots of users all over the world and combat useage by the Americans.

Earlier F-86s - the A and E both are underrepresented by mfgs now and I made the same push when Tamiya USA was looking around a few months back.

Mirages - Since it now appears that Eduard and Hobbyboss are stopping at the C/CJ the other later ones would be a strong subject, widely used and used in combat, though not shot down by Americans.

Kfir - pretty widely used and shares - I presume - bits with a Mirage IIIE/5 tooling

Mirage F-1s Again lots of users and many variants - and some were shot down by Americans

Mig-29s - lots of users and minor variants that model makers love

Mig-25 - though rumored to be Trumpeter

Su-27 - rumoured to be Trumpeter/Hobbyboss

Early 'tin wing' Harriers and SHARS - rumored to be out there but by whom?

Early Mig-21s - though I suspect Hobbyboss may pop out the 32nd Trumpeter Mig-21F/J-7s one day once the Mig-17s are through the market.

Su-34, Su-33, Su-24

A-6E, KA-6

CH-54 Skycrane, UH-1N

Two seater Jaguar, TAV-8B Harrier...all 1/48 scale

1/48 A-6

1/48 F-4B

1/48 Mig-23/27

1/48 Su-17/22/24/25/30/33 etc

Mi-24 or an E-2

1:48 F-23 Black Widow or 1:48 Mig-31 Firefox from movie firefox

a T-33/F-106b/TF-102

new tool 1-48 AC-130H/U. Other than that, I guess a new tool 1-32 F-104 series

As for aircraft I'd like to see the A-6 family, the F-5 family(inc. T-38), and the F-8 family. We DESPERATELY need a kit for early Crusaders.

I'd also like to see some modern pilots and ground crew figures.

MiG-25

MiG-23/27

Mi-8/17

- A-6A, A-6E, KA-6D Intruder

- EA-6A, EA-6B Prowler

- Tornado GR.1, GR.4, F.3

- Su-30, Su-33, Su-34, Su-35, Su-37 Flanker

- Updated F-15C/D/E/I/K/SG Eagle (or at least a modernised Eagle that can be built accurately without the use of a/m resin sets)

It'd be nice if these kits could come with positionable flight control surfaces, flaps, slats and wingfolds (if applicable).

MIG-25 Foxbat

MIG-23/27 Flogger

MIG-31 Foxhound

SU-24 Fencer

SU-30MK/MKI/33/34/35/37........Flankers

Mirage V, Nesher, Kfir

Jaguar A/GR.1

Tornado GR.1/4 F.2/3

Harrier FRS.1/ FA.2

Viggen AJ/JA

YF-23

B-2

edit in progress

Edited by Eric2020
My wish list:

Mirage F1 family

Mirage III family (IIIE, IIIR, Kfir, etc)

Sepecat Jaguar (French and British)

UH-1N family (AB-212 ASW is a must!)

EH 101 Merlin/Cormorant

Saab Viggen

Entire century series (particularly F-101 Voodoo)

thanks for your consideration.

I gree but i would change the priorities:

-1 the Jaguar family (A/E/GR1/GR3/T/Indian, Nigerian, Ecuatorian, Oman)

-2 the whole Mirage family (III, IV, V, 50 and derivatif from Israel, south africa, Chili...)

-3 the Mirage F1 family C, CR, CT, B and exports versions

-4 The ultimate Century serie

-5 the Viggen family

I'd like to see them also in 1/72

Isn't it a bit too much, Santa? :) :yahoo:

Edited by squezzer

Just because no one has said it.... new tool 1/48 CF-100 (even 1/32 for that matter :) )

and 1/48 or 1/32 Canadair Sabres (all marks) with ORENDA engines please! :yahoo:

:yahoo:

Edited by rcaf_100

Here´s my 1/48 wish list:

Mig-23/27 family

Saab Viggen family

Mirage III/ V/ Kfir family

Mirage 2000 family

Mirage F.1

Mil Mi-8/17 family

Mil Mi-24 family

in no particular order....

And my absolute favourite: