Suggestion on new kit

In a european weaponset, swedish missiles and pods must not be forgotten! Rb04, Rb04E, Rb05 and Rb15F. KA, KB, U95 and camerapods. This is not only for available and unavailable swedish warplanes from A 32 to JAS 39 but also to make all the whifs more credible.

Dear Mr. Chung:

I have been in this hobby for over 50 years and have help numerous model manufactures in trying give them information (R&D) research and development for model kits that would be popular and profitable for them. I have work with Monogram, Hasagawe, MPM, Trumpeter, Hobby Boss, Tamiya, Aero Master Decals, KMC, Black Box and even Zeveda. I have done this work for free (except for a few kits and decals) for the love of the hobby and a good product for the modeler. I have put together many research list of aircraft for these various manufactures in hopes that we could obtain a accurate model of a kit that is not avialable or needs to be update due to the age of the model kit.

When I spend the time and effort to do the research to produce a accurate model or obtain other people in the hobby that is willing to help with there different expertise on the various subjects and aircraft and send it off to them for FREE, you would think that they would take the time and effort to look at what was sent to them that took time and the love of putting this subject matter togther to help produce a excellent kit with NO COST to them.

I try to send information on a subject that will be of interest to the modeler, that needs to a kit avialable and popular for modeling tp the major people in hobby and NOT something that is important to me as a indivigual faviorte.

I think there are many aircraft that could be model that is not avialable at this time that needs to be on someones list of forth coming subjects for a new accurate model.

I feel that we have over done the current jets (F-14, F-15, F-16 and F-18) and left out other important aircraft that are as current and older from other countries. We certainly could use a redo of all the different Century Series but the F-104 which Hasagawe has done a wonderful job in producing a great kit. My scale of preference is 1/48" and 1/32" but I understand the 1/72" guys would like some improved kits as well.

We are missing the late Mirage Series Mirage V, F1 and IDF Nesher and Kifir and its various sub-types. We need the Russian (Soviet series) Mig.21 (early versions M-21F-13, F. PF and PFM, Chinese J-7 Series) and the late versions that I understand that will be coming forth of Edward in the next year. We could use a Jaguar series, Mig.23/27, Mig.25/31, Mig.29 improved version, Su.17,20 & 22 Series, Su.25 and Hind Mi.24/Mi.8/17. Chinese J-8II Series which covers the last 25 years. RF-101A/C Voodoo, F-86A, E, H, K and Mk.32,T-28 Series , Dassault Super Mystere B2, Mystere IV, Ourgan, Boeing B-17C/D Flying Fortress, Ju-388, Ju.290, Do.217K/J2 (long wing w/Fritz X missiles), Japanese Nell Type 96 Bomber, Claude A5M4 (Late model), Peggy Ki-67,

P1Y1 Ginga "Francis", Late Betty w/Baka, A-26K Invader series (WW.II thru Vietnam), IAR-80/81, Yak.9U/P, La.9/11, Yak. 27/28 and maybe a PV-2 Neptune would be nice.

These are just a few of my favorites that certainly could be add to some manufactures TO DO List. I hope some one will take the time to read them and maybe say, Hey that would be a great kit.

Yours Truly,

Bob Hanes @ RHanes@aol.com

I too would like to see a new 1/48 A-6, however i'd like them to release it with the options to build it as either an A-6A/B/C/KA-6D and of course E. The changes would be minimal to the basic kit and this way there wouldn't be any waiting for a particular version to show up who knows when. Plus Weapon Sets would be nice to have as well.

Jari

Hello Raymond: My votes goes in fist place for a new Mirage III-E kit and its derivatives (Mirage V, Kfir, Pantera, Nesher, Dagger, Finger, Mara) in fact, as some other fellow poster said, with the Mirage III-E mould and minor modifications, you can do multiple versions and derivatives, just the way Hasegawa and Kinetic do with their "multiple" kits...Second place an enterely new MiG-23/27 family (MiG-23 FloggerB/E/G and K), a MiG-25 and a MiG 31 will be at third place..

Just my two cwnts and my desires...

Best,

Juan

:)

Edited by dagger00

WHAT?

How DARE you even THINK of TALKING of RELEASING a FLOGGER when I already have FOUR, I mean, FOUR of the dratted Esci things in my stash!

I can hear them even now as I'm typing, chattering with their weasel-like pitch, "You bought us, you're gonna build

us, you've gotta build us, when are you gonna build us?"

Can you hear them? No of course you can't hear them. What do you know of Floggers that only Floggers know. Well, I've got some bad news for you sunshine. You won't have any Flogger until I'm finished with mine. Mine, my own, my preciouss.

Got it?

No. New. Flogger.

EVER!

I... I...

*hyperventilates*

*faints*

(Psst... Really, apart from the fact that I do have four Floggers from a time when you couldn't walk in a model shop for fear of being buried in a landslide of unsold ESCI kits, it would be an ideal subject to make oneself a reputation in the field.

I'm a VVS buff and I don't know if there are gaps in other "families", but if one wished to build a collection of Russian jets, the Flogger, Fencer and Foxhound are notable by their absence. The latter two are large airplanes, resulting in large and expensive models, and are better left to a company that can live with the consequences if they bomb.

Whereas the size of the Flogger lends itself to the "weekend projet" format.

Add to that the exotic insignias, the "NOT GREY" colour schemes and the "evil guy" factor, and modeller everywhere will be sold. Heck, I'd be sold. But for the egoistical reasons already described, I visited the other thread and voted for the Mirage. I don't want to spend 200+ hours giving a nosejob, AND a tailjob, AND a wingjob, and every other sort of "job" to my MiG-27 only to have people casually glancing at it and commenting "Nice camouflage... Isn't it the new Kinetic?")

if it were me my crietria for a new product it would be

1. large number of operators (both Sqn's and countries) so it can be released in multiple boxings with the same basic moulds. Each new boxing only needs either new decals (AKA hasegawa) or a few new parts (AKA Tamyia/Kinetic) or combination of both.

2. Something that is already poor represented in the scale.

These are the kits that fit the above criteria would interest me

Mig 23/27

Mirage IIIE

Mirage F-1

Mirage 2000

Mig 21 (perhaps)

F-5E (although Academy may have this one covered)

Maybe the EA-6/A-6 family

Adding to the many who say. E-2C Hawkeye (VAW-124) and Tracker (Canadian).

The E-2C wouldn't be a bad idea either, I don't think. Don't yell if I say something stupid, I'm not very well-versed in US aircraft types... but the E-2 and the S-2 I figure are close enough that both versions could be done, with a large chunk of the molds usable for both. And it would have some international appeal as well - off the top of my head, E-2 was used by US, Japan, Taiwan, Israel and I think Mexico got the ex-Israeli birds... and the S-2 was used by a number of countries, too, though only the Canadian CP-121 jumps into mind - and the firefighting conversions operating out of Abbotsford Airport in BC.

(having said all that... I still hope for a Flogger! :lol: )

Why not to fix the major inaccuracies of their current F-16s before tackling another subject? I don't disagree with any of the recommendations from other modelers regarding new subject but first, fix what was done incorrectly rather than than moving to another subject and getting it wrong again....

Regards and peace,

Jose

????????????

Monogram 1/48th F-101B Voodoo recently re-released by Revell is a top kit to build a CF-101B... There was even a dedicated canadian Voodoo boxing with N°416 Lynx Sqn decals

bf21.jpg

V.P.

I'd still like a new tooling. And others in this thread have requested a new tooling too.

I'd prefer Tamiya or Hasegawa but I'd settle for Kinetic too.

I'd suggest a F-5 A/B/RF and T-38 in 1/48th.

There have been some "atempts" at this with limited run kits, but that's about it.

Many nations have used and use these planes, both in theyre original form and multiple upgraded versons.