Suggestion on new kit

e-a6b prowler

e-2c hawkeye

kfir

t-45 goshawk

ah-1w super cobra

eh-101

just dreaming.....but i try to understand why..untill now the prowler..is still not considered ...

maybe it is a difficult project to develop???..strange shape to reproduce..ecc???

i guess it's a very wll known plane...loved by a lot of modellers....

and it is still one of the last big fighters present on the carrier....

i hope that one day..it will eb available...for now..ill keep working on my monogram kit!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Raymond,

I tend to build 1/72 more than anything, so I'm hoping that Kinetic might consider scaling down the F-16 line for 1/72.

On the 1/48 side though, I think there would be a willing market there for an F-5 series from the A to the F. A line of Mirages would be excellent too, covering, III, IV, Kfir, etc.

I think the key is coming up with a subject where there are lots of variants that can be derived from a relatively common basic tooling, to wit, I would WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with the others on:

1/48 The Mirage IIIE and variants - there are almost unlimited variants to this, with the right tooling setup, almost all of them could be made from a common core tool

1/48 MiG-23/27 Family - same story - while including them in the same box would be silly, just having a properly tooled Chiborashka series would be outstanding.

The risk on the later is that unless it could be done quickly, there's a good chance that Hobby Boss would follow-on the Trumpeter MiG-23/27 that's coming in 1/32 in 1/48 - of course that all depends HUGELY on Trumpeters erratic release schedule - the 1/32 kit could show up sometime next year, with the 1/48 version not until 2011 - so there is a bit of a runway here.

Would also love to see EARLY MiG-21s - how Hobby Boss hasn't gotten around to a MiG-21F series kit in 1/48 is unthinkable. That's a huge gap that has literally NEVER been covered in the 1/48 market (outside of a couple of conversions). While Eduard has been working on the later series, it's unlikely that they'll get around to the MiG-21F, let alone any of the 2nd generation PF series - so there's another possibility.

Lots of great one-off possibilities too (where there aren't as many chances for secondary variants) - particularly in the world of US Navy jets - I definitely second/third/fifth votes for subjects like:

F2H-3/4

FJ-2/3

F11F

I think they've all been covered here ad nauseum.

And as far as Kinetic is concerned, I think they've come a long way, look at the improvements in the latest F-16s, those look great, and vastly improved, so I for one, would consider Kinetic for any future releases - so long as they keep growing as a company.

And plenty of us here would be more than willing to help, and lend expertise to the QC process - and would do so for little to no money. So use ALL of the resources at your disposal!

PS - seems like the MiG-23/27 has about the widest support thus far! :woot.gif:

Paul

Two on my wish list seems to be at work which is the

T-A4 and the F-5E ...........I hope an F-5F and RF-5E join in..........other then that would love to see

an Alpha Jet in 1/48 and a perhaps a Strikemaster

Rgds

Mr B

Two on my wish list seems to be at work which is the

T-A4 and the F-5E ...........I hope an F-5F and RF-5E join in..........other then that would love to see

an Alpha Jet in 1/48 and a perhaps a Strikemaster

Rgds

Mr B

The TA-4 is on the way from Hasegawa.

Wanna make Kinetic the most rich company on Earth? Just do a 1/48 EA-6B and/or 1/48 F-111F w/Pave Tack and your wishes will come true... :thumbsup:

this was already hashed over. Short answer, the Intruder/Prowler isn't that popular outside of the US.

this was already hashed over. Short answer, the Intruder/Prowler isn't that popular outside of the US.

But F-15s are. With exception of Revell's Mudhen, there's room a new tooling for A/B/C/D in 1/48th. Perhaps Kinetic can even try to give Revell a competition for Beagles

other sugestions:

Mig 23/27 (reasons already explained)

Mirage IIIE/V/Nesher/Kfir (also a big void in quarter scale)

Here is my wish list.

I realy think it's cool that you asked us.

An up to date 1/48 C-130H with all the blisters and ECM.

An up to date 1/48 C-130E with all the blisters and ECM.

Include parts to make MC-130P,H,E and KC-130

An up to date 1/48 AC-130H with all the blisters and ECM.

An up to date 1/48 AC-130U with all the blisters and ECM.

I would love a 1/48 C-141!

I would like to see a 1/48 C-17

I think both of these would sell good.

The 141 has been neglected and disrespected badly by the modeling companies

And (Gasp) a 1/48 C-5...even a 1/72 C-5

I know I'll never see these, but you asked!

Curt

As I remember that thread, that was your opinion. Many were in disagreement...

Not necessarily just my opinion. I remember the general conclusion of the thread that the Intruder/Prowler wouldn't do as well outside of the US market as opposed to other choices that were coming-up as often.

Edited by sv51macross

For whatever it's worth, Heavy on Canadian.

1/48th EH-101 All Variants

1/32nd F-101 All Variants

1/48th F-101 All Variants

1/48th Bell 412

I agree on the F-5 Family A-G in 1/48th. and in 1/32nd.

Also New Sikorsky M/S-92 Helo in 1/48th.

Add my vote to AX365's List.....

:crying2:

Emil

PS - seems like the MiG-23/27 has about the widest support thus far! :monkeydance:

The Mirage non-IIIC/5/Kfir/etc is doing fine too.

As said I would have liked an AMX but it's true that the Flogger and Mirage derivatives would sell a lot more I guess. Of course if Italeri is to rebox Kinetic, perhaps an italian plane could be interesting...

Edited by Laurent
Really ?!? Where did you read that ?

Makes sense as Italeri seems to be focusing on Italian subjects now (liek Academy and Korean equipment) but I had not heard anything of an AMX - rumors and innuendoes but nothing solid - especially since Nurenburg.

Thread Hijack repulsed - back to your thread already in progress.

Matt

Rumourmonger and sometimes ashamed of it :deadhorse1:

I still think Kinetic (or Tamigawa or anyone else) could make a fortune with a new-tool Prowler. <_<