Suggestion on new kit

Dear ARCers,

As the agent of Kinetic, we are looking forward for customer feedback on other aircraft series. Any feedback are welcome (paritcular in 1/48 scale).

I second the T-38 series in 1/48 - how about the current AT-38B? with Holloman AFB/49th FW markings? I can shoot some pics if you want. Also second the E-2 series in 1/48.

My personal list of stuff I'd like to see:

1/48 B-47 Stratojet

1/48 AC-119

1/32 A-1J and/or A-1E Skyraider

1/48 KC-97

1/48 B-32 Dominator or PB4Y-2

1/48 PB2Y Coronado

1/48 EP-3A !!!!!!!!!

1/48 Focke-wulf FW 200

1/48 Junkers Ju 390

1/48 BAC/EE Lightning

1/48 AH-56 Cheyenne

thats a few, i'll leave it at that for now.

I still think Kinetic (or Tamigawa or anyone else) could make a fortune with a new-tool Prowler. <_<

I don't dounbt they'd recoup their cost in tooling, demand enough for that exists I believe, but Kinetic wants large profit margins as well, so I think between the two they'd go for the Flogger. Not saying those are the choices or what they'll do, just the most logical choice.

this was already hashed over. Short answer, the Intruder/Prowler isn't that popular outside of the US.

I think you are dead wrong here, as stated before, even tho they are limited to USN/USMC, there are LOTS of SIG's around the world that deal specifically with USN. Also MANY great schemes to choose from, even camo.

Like someone else stated, YOUR opinion...

Well, I'm outside the US and I'd prefer the Prowler over any Flogger anytime. There also must be a reason why, when Squadron re-released the Prowler recently and my LHS brought a couple in, they flew off the shelves pretty fast.

Mark

In 1/48...

B-17E,F,G

B-24D,J

B-25J glass and solid nose

B-26 family

A-6 Family

P-61 Blackwidow/Reporter recon verson

DeHavilin (sp) Otter family

Hawker Tempest

B-58 Hustler

Early Harrier

That's all I can think of right now lol

Jeff

Edited by woodbeck3
Dear ARCers,

As the agent of Kinetic, we are looking forward for customer feedback on other aircraft series. Any feedback are welcome (paritcular in 1/48 scale).

I recently started the Hasegawa f-16D Block 52+ Greek in 1/48th scale, and have been very disappointed :( . There were several resign parts that the fit required a ton of putty. I am trying to convert this to a F-16F Block 60. There are some scoops that are even missing on this model for a Block 52. This is my first Hasegawa build and so far they are not living up to the hype!

I would like to see a Block 60 version or at least parts to convert your F-16I to a Block 60. There are also no export versions of the sniper pod available in either 1/48 or 1/32 scale.

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt268/t...tsk/1303379.jpg[/img]

I recently started the Hasegawa f-16D Block 52+ Greek in 1/48th scale, and have been very disappointed :( . There were several resign parts that the fit required a ton of putty. I am trying to convert this to a F-16F Block 60. There are some scoops that are even missing on this model for a Block 52. This is my first Hasegawa build and so far they are not living up to the hype!

I would like to see a Block 60 version or at least parts to convert your F-16I to a Block 60. There are also no export versions of the sniper pod available in either 1/48 or 1/32 scale.

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt268/t...tsk/1303379.jpg[/img]

Well, you don't have to wait too long. IIRC, Kinetic has announced that they will cover the F-16E and F-16F a part of their Viper series. Also, I remember someone here on the board saying that he received a Block 60 radome in his DG/DJ kit so that is a clear indicator of things to come.

Mark

Well now what to see produced...

Lets go for the whole F-5 series

A full Mig 21 family

A-7 family

C-2A!!!

and many more

William G

Now we have rumors of Academy dropping the Tiger, possibly because of 'another player' (look to Fuji's post in the Sufa thread that this subject hijacked) and not simply the announced Kinetic project. :(

Hobbyboss is doing the SLUFs later this year or next, so far only a TA-7 and A-7B shown but I'd figure it's a scale up of the 72nds, with hopefully the weapons sprues from the 32nd Trumpy instead of the 72nd kits ones

But I agree with the Mig-21s - cannot believe that HB and Trumpy have not popped out the 32nds scaled down yet.

A C-2...well probably not in 48th, would Hase have the cajones to do one in 72nd :shrug:

Matt

But I agree with the Mig-21s - cannot believe that HB and Trumpy have not popped out the 32nds scaled down yet.

One word - J-7s. We need the J-7s in 1/48.

I think you are dead wrong here, as stated before, even tho they are limited to USN/USMC, there are LOTS of SIG's around the world that deal specifically with USN. Also MANY great schemes to choose from, even camo.

Like someone else stated, YOUR opinion...

my vote also for an Intruder/Prowler :sign_spam: ... and those Jammin Jihad decal sure could use some Prowler to go with it.

it just me... :D

kuman

Well, you don't have to wait too long. IIRC, Kinetic has announced that they will cover the F-16E and F-16F a part of their Viper series. Also, I remember someone here on the board saying that he received a Block 60 radome in his DG/DJ kit so that is a clear indicator of things to come.

Mark

The Block 60F will probably come out soon.

Over the last 10 years, the kits most often requested yet to be properly kitted in 1/48 seem to include these 2:

MiG-23 Flogger

MiG-27 Flogger

As the modeling world has a passion about fidelity of shape and the modeling manufacturer has seemingly wandered away from that a bit lately, having a domestically available real, measureable prototype could prove most handy. I think a Flogger series would be a winner, even if Trumpeter release one. Keep the shape bang on, keep the exterior detail to minimal riveting, and provide a detail level equivalent to the Monogram F-101/F-102/F-106 kits in the cockpit and you'd have a home run financially. Furthermore, and importantly, they fit on a shelf handily. Press a kit bigger than that and sales volume drops yes?

But, most importantly, don't limit the product base to plastic models. Expand beyond that.

There's my two American (stock market depleted) cents.

Daryl J.

Edited by Daryl J.

Took a poll from my model club (22 people) here are the results:

F-14 TOMCAT - Hasegawa is over engineered and a bear to build, would be great to have a nice Tomcat, easy assembly and Kinetic could make a series out of it and release variants.

Tornado - I think we are way over due for some nice Tornado's in 1/48 scale and again Kinetic can run a great series with all variants.

A-6 Intruder - can't believe another company other than Monogram has never done this kit in 1/48, would be a huge seller.

SU-24/25, MIG 29 in 1/48 scale.