Suggestion on new kit

In any case, I'd really be interested in a 1/48 E-2 with folding wings of course. Won't be able to store it otherwise.

Mark

Hmmmm - 20.14 inches versus 7.33 inches ... yea big difference.

I vote for :

F-100 series

F-101, RF-101 series;

F/TF-102;

F-106A/B,

T-33;

F-80 A/C;

F-94 A/B/C;

F-86 Family, including F-86H;

FJ-2/3/M,

F-5 Family;

T-37;

Meteor F-8;

Tornado Family;

Hawkeye E2

The "X" Series , and

The "Y" Series.

Good Luck.

SouthViper

We don't need any more F......teen's ( :salute: ) - so many out there already.

Beg to be a little different.

How about........

- an SA330 family - Puma/Cougar all missing from 1/48 scale and extensively used all over the world.

- One of these please :woot.gif: yup, an accurate 2 seat Viggen.

1075510.jpg

- A decent Mirage F1 CR/CT AND a 2 seat F1B

:whistle:

Cheers,

Gary

The main one I can think of in terms of an untapped design would be a 1/48 FJ-2/3 Fury. There is NOTHING out there for that variant unless you count Esci's prototype FJ-2 (a rebadged F-86E, not a production FJ-2). A 1/48 RF-84F Thunderflash would be welcome as well and they would have some bits already tooled for the F-84F that could be used for it. All we have there is the Heller kit and it is lacking a bit in spots.

Hi Guys,

First time for me in this forum. I'm happy to join you in this community.

Concerning this thread, I would just want to have two models for next year:

- Mig-25 P/PD foxbat

- Mig-31 Foxhound

Please........................

Bye

An up to date 1/48 C-130H with all the blisters and ECM.

An up to date 1/48 C-130E with all the blisters and ECM.

Include parts to make MC-130P,H,E and KC-130

An up to date 1/48 AC-130H with all the blisters and ECM.

An up to date 1/48 AC-130U with all the blisters and ECM.

HELL YES! Especially the 1-48 AC-130U. Also, a new tool 1-48 C-130J. I heard that it was just the old kit with new propellers. These are the two kits that

I need to start my what if 1-48 AC-130J Super Spectre.

More on the list:

F/TF-102 in 1-48

F-106A/B in 1-48

I know it won't ever happen, but a 1-72 new tool B-52 family

F-15A/B/C/D/I/K/S in 1-48 (ASAT missle would be nice, too)

F-16CCV/AFTI to add to your 1-48 F-16's

F/A-18 prototype and pre-production models in 1-48

C-141 in 1-144

C-5 in 1-144

1-144 C-135 family

That's about it.

RYAN.

Just an idea... Whatever kit(s) you decide to produce, please consider using brass for any pitot tubes or refuelling probes (or other delicate and exposed bits) that the aircraft may have. A recurring problem that I have with building my kits (particularly my ESCI/Italeri Mirage III/5 and Mirage F.1 kits and Hasegawa A-4 kits) are that the pitot tubes, refuelling probes and sometimes the main struts of the landing gear are too delicate and breakable. Brass, aluminum or other "sturdy" metal would be great for these types of pieces. Pitots could be entirely out of the sturdy material and refuelling probes could be either partially or completely out of the sturdy material. Landing gear could have inserts for reinforcement going through the main struts essentially from the tire to the landing gear well.

Details like brass bits included in the kit for otherwise delicate parts make me happy as a modeler - if such replacement parts aren't cost prohibitive please consider doing them.

Also, still wanting in 1/48 scale (in no particular order)...

Mirage IIIE/5/50 & Kfir family - yes, I'll buy more if you make'em

Mirage F.1 family - yes, I'll buy more if you make'em

MiG-23/27 Flogger family - yes, I'll buy more if you make'em

FJ-3 Fury - I'll buy this too

Yak-27/28 'Flashlight/Brewer' - I'll buy this too

:cheers: and happy modeling, Bryan

Its only been the number one requested kit in FineScale Modeler's reader's survey two or three times now. It would be HUGE

So was the 1/48 RA-5C Vigilante.

I'd like a new tool 1/48 Harrier family

GR.1/T.2/4/GR.3/AV-8A

Sea Harrier FRS.1/FA2

Stephen

A new series of Able Dogs (aka Skyraiders...aka SPADS) would be welcome. Remembering that the Tamiya only does 2 of...well off the top of my head I don't know how many Skyraider variants there were. The two seater 'all weather' Korean vintage, the AD-3/4 Korean vintage birds, AEW guppies, and the 'family cruiser' AD-5 are all needed out there. Do the A-1J and A-1H also but make sure the molds can do all of the others.

Matt

There are rumors that Trumpy is doing the rest of the Century Series over the next few years in 32nd with probably Hobbyboss following them in 48th. If that is the case I'd doubt anyone else may be looking at them - especially the interceptors (101, 102 and 106)

Though I for one put in a plea for the designers to do a better engineering job on the main gear attachments in the next 101 kit - even if it is 'non prototype!

Matt

hi Raymond,

this thread has been going for sometime. Do we know if Kinetic is considering some of the suggestions on new kits? if yes, could you let us know which has the highest probability?

I know what is hinted on now might be dropped later, but still, it is a good idea to know what are the potential kits coming out in a few years time :thumbsup:

thanks to you and Kinetic for bothering to listen to our wishlist anyway

Hey Raymond,

Any plans on any 1/72 scale aircraft?

I would agree though, we need some Mirage III/V/50's, Mirage F.1's, MiG-23/27 and acurate Flankers around.

I would also like to see (in 1/72)......

F-5E/F

T-33/F-80

AMX

Accurate Strike Eagles

Buccanneer

F-101B/F Voodoo

TF-102A

F-106B

Saab Viggen

F-100A/C Super Sabre

F-8C/D Crusader

I've gotta echo the call for more of the Russian fighters:

MiG-23/27 family in 1/48 is SORELY needed.

Yak-130 (the new trainer)

The canard'ed SU-27 family

I'll also throw in my votes for the:

E-2 (and parts for the C-2 Grayhound)

P-3 (big, but kits that size have been done)

A-6 (with a buttload of weaponry)

B-17 or other WWII bombers (ballsy business move to outdo the classic Monogram kits.)

Now, some original thoughts:

P-8 Poseidon (and other members of the 737 family in 1/48. You'd sell a ton)

B-2 Spirit (I'd LOVE to see this in 1/48 from someone!)

Folland Gnat (just so I can make the planes from Hot Shots!)

WEAPONS. (Kinetic already includes a ton with the new Viper kits, why not make their own boxes full of weapons, so that Hasegawa and resin-makers aren't the only games in town.)

-One set with all modern AAM's (AIM-9M/X, AIM-120B/C, Phoenixes, Sparrows) and LAU-128 rails.

-One set with say, 2 dozen Mk.82's, with 8 AIR-tails, 8 GBU-12's, and 8 GBU-38's

-One set with all the GPS guided bombs in use (GBU-31(2 each both warheads,) GBU-32 (2 of them), GBU-38 (4) and GBU-39 (2 racks of 4 each) and 2 WCMD's)

-OR, just put 6-10 of ONE kind of weapon in each box, and sell them for a lower price.

Have some overlap with your sets. Don't be like Hasegawa, where you have to buy 2 different sets to outfit a Tomcat. Include enough in your sets that you can outfit a typical aircraft with one box. Modelers don't want to buy 2 boxes to get 4 JDAMs. Before this sounds too far-fetched, the F-16 kits already have a sprue with 2 different AIM-9's, 2 different AIM-120's, 2 different Mk. 82's (slick and JDAM,) a GBU-12 and a cluster bomb. I know I'd buy that sprue if it was boxed up and sold individually. Kinetic also has the molds for Litening, LANTIRN, and Sniper pods, HARM and HTS pod, 2000lb JDAM, Maverick with single launcher, and GBU-24 (but no, we don't need more of those.) They could probably easily sell them individually.

hi Raymond,

this thread has been going for sometime. Do we know if Kinetic is considering some of the suggestions on new kits? if yes, could you let us know which has the highest probability?

I know what is hinted on now might be dropped later, but still, it is a good idea to know what are the potential kits coming out in a few years time :coolio:

thanks to you and Kinetic for bothering to listen to our wishlist anyway

Actually, I cannot say anything at this point. But one point is sure, the "next" coming out subject is among the suggested list. Design is in the progress, hopefully come out within 2009.

I've gotta echo the call for more of the Russian fighters:

MiG-23/27 family in 1/48 is SORELY needed.

Yak-130 (the new trainer)

The canard'ed SU-27 family

I'll also throw in my votes for the:

E-2 (and parts for the C-2 Grayhound)

P-3 (big, but kits that size have been done)

A-6 (with a buttload of weaponry)

B-17 or other WWII bombers (ballsy business move to outdo the classic Monogram kits.)

Now, some original thoughts:

P-8 Poseidon (and other members of the 737 family in 1/48. You'd sell a ton)

B-2 Spirit (I'd LOVE to see this in 1/48 from someone!)

Folland Gnat (just so I can make the planes from Hot Shots!)

WEAPONS. (Kinetic already includes a ton with the new Viper kits, why not make their own boxes full of weapons, so that Hasegawa and resin-makers aren't the only games in town.)

-One set with all modern AAM's (AIM-9M/X, AIM-120B/C, Phoenixes, Sparrows) and LAU-128 rails.

-One set with say, 2 dozen Mk.82's, with 8 AIR-tails, 8 GBU-12's, and 8 GBU-38's

-One set with all the GPS guided bombs in use (GBU-31(2 each both warheads,) GBU-32 (2 of them), GBU-38 (4) and GBU-39 (2 racks of 4 each) and 2 WCMD's)

-OR, just put 6-10 of ONE kind of weapon in each box, and sell them for a lower price.

Have some overlap with your sets. Don't be like Hasegawa, where you have to buy 2 different sets to outfit a Tomcat. Include enough in your sets that you can outfit a typical aircraft with one box. Modelers don't want to buy 2 boxes to get 4 JDAMs. Before this sounds too far-fetched, the F-16 kits already have a sprue with 2 different AIM-9's, 2 different AIM-120's, 2 different Mk. 82's (slick and JDAM,) a GBU-12 and a cluster bomb. I know I'd buy that sprue if it was boxed up and sold individually. Kinetic also has the molds for Litening, LANTIRN, and Sniper pods, HARM and HTS pod, 2000lb JDAM, Maverick with single launcher, and GBU-24 (but no, we don't need more of those.) They could probably easily sell them individually.

The problem to sell the weapon "already" in the kit that it may have a negative impact on the sales of the kit. But we will discuss this with Kinetic to see what they think.