1/72nd A-4N / TA-4J

I'm planning to build an A-4N and TA-4J - I'm not an Israeli expert and understand that the exhaust pipe was extended for IR purposes... Is this a simple tube extension, or was it more complex?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

I'm planning to build an A-4N and TA-4J - I'm not an Israeli expert and understand that the exhaust pipe was extended for IR purposes... Is this a simple tube extension, or was it more complex?

It was a little bit more complex, though not much - you can view a review of an 1/48th conversion with a good shot of the tail extension here.

You can save yourself the effort if you do an eary bird, incidentally - the pipe was a retrofit after the 1973 Yom Kippur war.

HTH,

Andre

I just Googled,,,can't seem to find a site for Ron's Resins,,,,I see many pics of the products in reviews, etc,,,,,looks like good parts

I did find and purchase an A-4N Nozzle by Quickboost (item # QBT72150), and just saw, but don't recall where, a new release of the 30 mm cannon (maybe on Hyperscale?)

I hope this helps somewhat

It does! I'll have to drop them a line.

Many thanks!

Chris

Thanks in advance!

Chris

If you can wait till next week I can take some pics of it. BAE-Systems flys ex IDF/AF A-4N's from Wittmundhaven and they are parked about 100 meters from the back door of my squadron.

SCOUT

I just Googled,,,can't seem to find a site for Ron's Resins,,,,I see many pics of the products in reviews, etc,,,,,looks like good parts

I did find and purchase an A-4N Nozzle by Quickboost (item # ), and just saw, but don't recall where, a new release of the 30 mm cannon (maybe on Hyperscale?)

I hope this helps somewhat

Thanks - I'd not seen this item but will go check Hannants.

As for the Ron's Resins, I could't find it on the site that sells his parts, but I DID find an alternative supplier - Eagle Designs. I've emailed them and am awaiting a response...