Italeri 1/48 MB326 Macchi

Just finished this afternoon; Italeri 1/48 MB326 Macchi with OzMods 90gal wing tanks, cockpit, seats, flaps and front U/C leg. Decals from Hawkeye with replacement upper wing roundels and minor decals from the kit and spares box. RBF tags from Verlinden. I hope you like it.

DSC02600.jpg

DSC02599.jpg

DSC02598.jpg

DSC02609.jpg

DSC02605.jpg

DSC02601.jpg

DSC02603.jpg

DSC02604.jpg

DSC02607.jpg

Regards

Andrew

Cool! Nice to see something so different. What's the kit like out of the box? I see these floating around sometimes and I think "Hmmm...maybe a Brazilian one?" How well does it fit and how's the detail?

Thanks for your comments. If you are building the kit OOB there are no issues with the fit. It is a lovely kit with minimal puttying required. The cockpit is sparse in detail but still looks good when painted up. Instruments are decals in this case. There was no real need for the OzMods dropped flaps as I have cut these out and used them previously on another build but when you get them you may as well use them, hey?. If you are going to build an Aussie one OOB throw the roundels out as the Italeri roundels have 'fat rats' not kangaroos in them otherwise the decals are fine. Panel lines are recessed but Italeri forgot to add the back cockpit step and the front one is to far back otherwise everything is beautifully detailed.

HTH

Andrew <_<

Thanks for your comments. If you are building the kit OOB there are no issues with the fit. It is a lovely kit with minimal puttying required. The cockpit is sparse in detail but still looks good when painted up. Instruments are decals in this case. There was no real need for the OzMods dropped flaps as I have cut these out and used them previously on another build but when you get them you may as well use them, hey?. If you are going to build an Aussie one OOB throw the roundels out as the Italeri roundels have 'fat rats' not kangaroos in them otherwise the decals are fine. Panel lines are recessed but Italeri forgot to add the back cockpit step and the front one is to far back otherwise everything is beautifully detailed.

HTH

Andrew <_<

Great, thanks for the information! I'll have to put it on the future build list.