1/48 F-14B Thief of Baghdad

• 4 weeks later...

The cockpit is ready.

I have lost time learning to use the new digital camera, what do you think about the quality of the pics? Too dark?

The HUD is not installed yet (and the Aires cockpit lacks of it) to avoid damages before to glue the windscreen.

2zg6vc0.jpg

2py0s44.jpg

2mpyequ.jpg

2zxmvxe.jpg

2s94ygm.jpg

Looking good!!

However you won't need to install the HUD on this one.

The HUD for the B didn't show up until around 2003.

Thanks Brian, looking the few pics available I was convinced it was provided of HUD!

That cockpit is coming along very nicely. Can't wait to see this one built up. Looking good so far.

Cripes! "Nicely" is an understatement! The cockpit is gorgeous. I'm overwhelmed by feelings of incompetence and inadequacy.

Look forward to seeing the finished product. Think I know the guy who did the artwork on the orginal bird.

Wow, Thief of Baghdad....oh yeah baby!! I've always love your work f12aaa but I've got a quick question, don't those pilots look big for those ejection seats?

Mike

Yes Mike, they are oversized a bit. It's always the same issue with the pilots figures: undersized or oversized :thumbsup:

Simone

Base and preshading done. I'll paint the grey parts firstly but I have some doubts about the sand/brown part on the lower fuselage. According Twobobs decals sheet the aircraft is fully gray there but checking the few pics available seems that the sand/brown is at least on the main landing gear doors also.

4lsvhz.jpg

105477d.jpg