Can someone tell me about Techmod decals?

hi,

I am trying to get my hands on F4U decals, scale 1/32 and seems Techmod. in poland sells 'em.

So I send out an email and one via their website.

No reply.

Anyone familiar with these dudes?

Rgds,

Duncan

(PS: I am looking for 1/32 P51B decals aswell...so if anyone has a set?? by chance...)

Used their decals on several of my 1/32nd scale kits, the decals are good, and the subjects interesting, the only problem I had was with some BPF decals, the larger ones had a tendency to crack, probably because of their size, I was a bit more carefull with the replacements and they went on fine. I got mine from Hannants.

Cheers

Dennis

Techmod decals are available through a number of sources...Flightdecs and Airconnection in Canada, Hannants in the UK, Squadron and probably Roll Models in the US, Jadar Hobbies in Poland (great prices, good stocks). It would probably be easier to buy from one of these shops rather than directly from a manufacturer. Sometimes the manufacturer does not deal directly with the public...not sure if that's the case with Techmod.

Their decals require care in application because they can be brittle, and they tend to stay where you put them...so be careful about placing them. But they have very precise register, good colour saturation and very interesting subjects (especially if you like Polish aircraft). Some people have had problems with the decals conforming to surface detail, but I've not experienced that. I use Future to assist in setting them, and it seems to suck them into all the detail.

As to the P-51B...did you mean the Mustang III sheet from Techmod with all the Polish pilots? Or did you have other sheets in mind?

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by anotherP51nut

I am speaking from personal experience only. I have used Techmod decals twice. Once for a Mustang III and once for Francis Gabreski's P-47. Both times, the decals shattered on me and perhaps due to my lack of skill with decals, they became practically unusuable. I also found on the P-47 decals, the white coloured decals were almost transparent and showed the fuselage colours easily. If you are planning on using them, I would suggest spraying a sealant over the sheet before you use them.

:thumbsup:

If you are planning on using them, I would suggest spraying a sealant over the sheet before you use them.

:thumbsup:

I would agreee with that. I had problems with a sheet of 1/32 Spitfire decals, which was solved after I sprayed them with a sealant. The Mustang sheet I used was delicate... one roundel cracked but didn't shatter.

wow Man..Techmod decals suck..

I only need 2 USN bars for my Corsair and New ones for my P51B (1/32 Revells Don Gentile).

Zotz appeared a good choice, I can use paypal and Hannants only accept creditcard (so ..noway!!).

Seems there are not many choices to pick for the P51B right?

Most I 've seen (except Rebel Queen, I like boobies) are a bit dull.

As for my Corsair I will look somewhere else, techmod is not my choice nomore, mayby some Superscales will do.

Thx for your time.

Duncan

I used three of their decal sets so far-for the PZL P.11, TBD and SB2U. All three sets were thin, but I believe that is by design. They snuggle down really well with a minimum of setting solution and did remarkably well with the corrogated wings on the TBD.

They take a little more care in handling but I highly recommend them. They look great when they're on.

Ken

They take a little more care in handling but I highly recommend them. They look great when they're on.

Ken

I would agree with Ken here, I like them. They certainly don't "suck".

If you are only after the American national "Stars and Bars" markings then maybe you could ask on the "Buy and Sell" forum and someone could help you out. In fact if you want the ones from the Trumpter P-51B kit I can send you those...just drop me a note here with your address. It also includes markings for the 325th in Italy with black and yellow checks on the tail. As for other more colourful markings for American P-51Bs there were a number produced, including some nice ones for the 332nd FG, might take a bit of digging though especially if you are limited to paying through Paypal.

Anyway, let me know and I can send you that sheet.

Cheers,

Richard