Alternative for panel lines

Kudos to you Zdenko,

This is an absolutely wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing it with us. I just applied an SnJ finish to a CF-104G in 1/48 scale and to tell yo the truth I've been a bit leery about highlighting the panel lines, lest I ruin the metallic finish with turpentine.

Regards,

Randy

I tried it with success on recessed panel lines, still figuring out how to make it work on raised. Its preaty thick marker. You can even try some level of colour control by ading alcohol in marker to wash most of paint out. I tryed that and I got.... not so black lines. Les visible for shure. If you want more you can repet operation. I tried this on "blank" model, fev colours, flat and gloss paint, wax...If paint is dryed good theres no problem, if not stuff sticks bit. With alcohol you can remove that. I think alcohol dont harm model paints. Next experiment should be mixing black, gren, blue and green marker paint in some empty marker. I hope for dark brown lines.

I just tried it on an Otaki P-47 that I use as a paint tester. I also used the Sanford black dry erase marker. The model's right wing was painted silver and then dullcoated quite a while ago. I tell you what, the results look pretty good. The marker didn't effect the paint at all and by rubbing a little bit more I was able to make the effect a little less uniform. Just like any wash it looks like it works alot better over a gloss coat: when I tried it on some flat neutral grey on the bottom wing I had to use alcohol to get it off as it really grabs on the flat paint. This is definitely something that has a lot of promise. Now I just need to see if they have something in a brown.

Jep, I tryed some more. On some flat paints it sticks as hell. But alcohol helps. As you said on glos paints results are best. I didnt find brown jet, just red, black, blue, gren. If yopu find brown let me know please.

so you all recommend putting a gloss-coat on, do the panel lines, and then throw a flat coat back on? I was trying it without a flat or gloss coat so maybe thats why it took the paint off