some stuff i'm working on

working on a kinetic nose conversion set. reason is being, well.. it's still a kit, for all of those who bought it, might as well make use of it.

apologies - pics aren't good - camera autofocus refused to behave.

original kinetic kit:

kineticnose2.jpg

kineticnose.jpg

what post-conversion should look like (not 100% yet) in the end:

kineticnoseconversion.jpg

kineticnoseconversion2.jpg

also began on the 1/72 F-15E update with a sniper pod - work will start on the F-16 pylon, for those Viper fans

72sniper.jpg

finally, for those (like me) who just can't locate a Hasegawa Weapons Set D in 1/48: GBU-12s, pack of 2, for 4.99 USD. of course, if you prefer the injection-molded plastic version at approx 14 USD for the whole set.. you can keep looking! tell me where you found it!

(i'm also working on one with the Navy rough coating..)

GBU-12s.jpg

what you do mean that you can't find the weapons D set? spruce brothers has 5 of them. other stores list them out of stock but will arrive March 2009. then again, you can never have enough GBU-12's. it seems like there is always someone asking to trade for some. those things are like gold around here. :woot.gif:

Edited by graves_09
  • 2 weeks later...
Any chance of you making some 1/48 PavewayIV bombs?

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll178/Warris1260/863.jpg

I could use a bunch for my OP Herrick builds.

Larry

Agreed, I'd buy at least eight bombs worth of Paveway IV. Soon to be weapon of choice for the Tornado GR4, currently in use with the RAF Harriers in Afghanistan, and eventually to be integrated with Typhoon and the F-35.....

In modelling terms its essentially a GBU-12 with hardback and a slightly modified seeker (cable guides and GPS antennaes) so can't see it being that hard to reproduce if you already have the GBU-12 done. Doctorpepper, I can email you with some pictures of it if you want? :rolleyes:

Agreed, I'd buy at least eight bombs worth of Paveway IV. Soon to be weapon of choice for the Tornado GR4, currently in use with the RAF Harriers in Afghanistan, and eventually to be integrated with Typhoon and the F-35.....

In modelling terms its essentially a GBU-12 with hardback and a slightly modified seeker (cable guides and GPS antennaes) so can't see it being that hard to reproduce if you already have the GBU-12 done. Doctorpepper, I can email you with some pictures of it if you want? :worship:

sure! please send it to me at drpepperresins@gmail.com. i'm already working on the GBU-12 with the Navy ablative coating

some pictures to share:

after testing out vacuum forming (using squadron thermaform) on a resin copy of the Hasegawa D model canopy with success, i decided to embark on a 1/32 Tamiya D model conversion.

first i sliced up the Hasegawa D canopy (a copy, of course)

32D-canopy-2.jpg

then, using the profiles of the slices, i carved it out of blocks of wood

32D-canopy-1.jpg

the blocks of wood were joined together with a copy of the front of the Tamiya C canopy, puttied, blended.

a mold was made to cast a copy in resin so as to achieve a smoother final surface.

32D-canopy-3.jpg

comparison of the resin copy (with some putty on the surface imperfections) with a "WF 1/32 F-16 Lockheed Two Seat" conversion from Taiwan:

you can see that the rear profile is vastly different (what's up with that rear profile??)

32D-canopy-5.jpg

from the top

32D-canopy-4.jpg

from the side (a photo comparison will be done with an actual jet to see where needs to be reshaped)

32D-canopy-6.jpg

waiting for my PET-G to arrive from the USA now... work continues.

waiting for my PET-G to arrive from the USA now... work continues.

Don't know where you are but if you need PETG in the UK let me know I can supply you or give you the details of a good sourse.

John

• 1 month later...

updates:

been working on the seamless intakes for the 1/72 Hasegawa F-15 kits. i will need more time to fit it into the fuselage..

i will be away for the whole of next week, so orders won't be filled till i get back. but keep them coming, orders will be filled on a first-come first serve basis when i get back..

in the meantime, the website has had a small update: i've managed to successfully colour my resin. so i've given an option for certain items to be in either red, yellow, or white resin (the black wasn't so successful, so i too can't do dark grey). chocks and the AIM-9 seeker heads in yellow, F-16 AoA probe covers in red, the super hornet and legacy hornet intakes in white resin will really save you some spraying headache, and in the smaller (72nd) scale, you won't need as many layers of paint, thus retaining the original detail well. do check it out! i've added it as an option as some may prefer to continue with their painting methods

drPepper