Hasegawa 1/48 F-16I pics

I do hope that there's new cockpit parts on the sprues shown, or another sprue, 'cause all of the Hasegawa sedans (that I am aware of) have the very early B style rear 'pits. It would be nice to see some Israeli specific weapons as well, but it is Hasegawa after all. Its is good to see the parts in styrene, methinks more than a few of these might end up as parts donors for Tamiya conversions.

First of all it is nice to see Hasegawa include a LANTIRN pod with something! I think Kinetic really put the pressure on to lower the price and give us a little more. I will probably pick one up.

They included Litening with the Harriers :salute:

I've just noticed that the sides of the spine have inserts for the expendables dispensers,could this mean that other big spined versions are on the horizon seeing as the various antennae and inserts are on a separate sprue? The CFT's could be added to other kits as well.

Stephen (Who'll have to be careful or start spreading rumours faster than Matt Roberts) :salute:

Edited by Stephen
If you notice in the 2nd and 3rd picture their appears to be a Aft seat HUD repeater thingy. Or whatever the technical name is.

I think "repeater thingy" is the correct term. :jaw-dropping:

Nice to see they caught up on that.

Doesn't look like that they upgraded the IPs though, as they're the same color as the rest of aircraft and not the dark gray color of the rest of the upgrades. That, or they've altered the tooling of the IPs on thier original trees.

I wonder though, Weill Hasegawa still include the GE nozzle and big mouth? that will determine if I buy it or not, as an extra GE and MCID are why I buy later Hasegawa F-16s.

I know we have not seen the Kinetic F-16I sprues as of yet but I still think the Kinetic will be a better kit. Hasegawa tosses in some new moulded sprues but the airframe is still the same old kit. I have the Kinetic F-16DG/DJ and yes it is not Tamiya fit but IMHO blows away the Hasegawa kits by miles in detail for sure. I think the F-16I from Kinetic will be the better kit to purchase.

I know we have not seen the Kinetic F-16I sprues as of yet but I still think the Kinetic will be a better kit.
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the difference in the canopy shapes between the Hasegawa and Kinetic kits.

Hasegawa: click here

Kinetic: click here

Real F-16D: click here

The forward part of the Kinetic canopy looks odd to me.

The intersection of the angled front and the flat top part looks too sharp.

Couple this with the tweaked nose and I'll take the Hasegawa!

Whoops, there goes another bunch of cash. I agree with the cockpit thing, but at least now the only real things to buy to make an accurate and detailed F-16I is the F-16D cockpit and A/B nozzle from Aires. I know the cockpit isn't the exact one used by the Israelis, but its close enough. I'd take two things over the IsraCast conversion and all that resin any day.