1:72 Italeri IS-2 and Calibri Gaz-67B

Finally finished these builds and with the base done, all has come together at last.

Italeri IS-2 and Calibri Gaz-67B vignette, with a Preiser Russian tank crew figure.

As mentioned earlier, kits went together well and I used Vallejo paints followed by the usual round of oil washes and MIG pigments. I made the mistake of flat coating the finished models which I feel detracts from the finish somewhat. I guess you learn something new about what is good and what is not so good.

More pics if they are requested.

italeri-js2-and-calibri-gaz67b-01.jpg

italeri-js2-and-calibri-gaz67b-09.jpg

italeri-js2-and-calibri-gaz67b-13.jpg

italeri-js2-and-calibri-gaz67b-04.jpg

:salute:

MikeJ

WOW !!

Mike, YES PLEASE I want more....I mean more piccies..this is STUNNING piece of work..

Love the figure. He looks BRILLIANT...Now did you paint the figure or did Lori help you....... :cheers:

Really it is AWESOME..it is SO nice to see your work here..

HOLMES. :thumbsup::whistle:

Hi Holmes.

Will get some more pics up later today after work and no, I can paint figures well enough, though Lori outclasses me in that department by a country mile :whistle:

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

Mike. One suggestion. Do not pose the turret away from the commisar. It makes it look like the tank and him are not part of the same scene. I know tankers don't have to turn the whole turret to look at something, but in the case of diorama you sometimes have to guide the viewer's eye with the various elements. By facing the turret mostly forward, with maybe an ever so slight angle towards the commissar, you will better connect the two elements of the scene and help tell a story. Better still would be to pop the main hatch on the tank and put in a commander figure looking sheepishly at the commissar, but it may be late for that.

Anyway, nice work

Well, there was never any intention of the bloke standing next to the Gaz being a commissar :tease: Funnily enough, the commanders hatch is not permanently cemented down. However the paintwork would need major work around the hatch to allow it to be opened, something I realised far too late as it was an intention to have the tank commander visible.

Thanks for the critique.

:monkeydance:

MikeJ

• 1 month later...

I like this a lot, great work in general, I do however agree that atleast 1 of the tanks hatches should be open, as the depiction to me is a group at rest, one other thing is the headlights on the jeep, I would paint the inside silver and once dry will add some crystal clear to simulate the lenses.

Otherwise a great build