Micro Mask and Tamiya AS-12

Gents:

Applied Microscale Micro Mask to a canopy and then sprayed the a/c (after it dried) with Tamiya AS-12 rattle can a/c aluminum colour. End result..............the micro mask turned to concrete...........would not come off under any circumstances. Tried tape, #11 blade, Windex, toothpicks etc etc . This has never happened to me before. Any ideas?

Alvin5182

Gents:

Applied Microscale Micro Mask to a canopy and then sprayed the a/c (after it dried) with Tamiya AS-12 rattle can a/c aluminum colour. End result..............the micro mask turned to concrete...........would not come off under any circumstances. Tried tape, #11 blade, Windex, toothpicks etc etc . This has never happened to me before. Any ideas?

Alvin5182

Wrap it with a wet cloth? It may soften with repeated applications.

These modelling products aren't half the usefulness of a decent quality liquid art mask.

I use Windsor & Newton. http://thesydneyartstore.com.au/page61.htm

Never fails, never dries rock-hard. I've had windows masked for years and it just picks off clean.

G

I also don't care for Micro Mask. I have had success removing it by holding the model under running hot water and picking it off the model.

Like Grant, I'd recommend a better quality masking agent. For a liquid mask, I like GSI Creos Mr Masking Sol Neo. But there are many other quality liquid masks. In an emergency, I've even used Elmer's Glue.

Edited by johnsan