Tamiya 1/32 F-16

Do you think we will ever see a new 1/32 F-16 kit from Tamiya? What would it be? They have done 4 in 1/48 scale and 2 in 1/32 (I am counting the Thunderbird kits).

I continue to hold out hope that they will release something with 2 seats, preferably a Sufa or late blk 52. I think theres also a good chance that if they release another one thats not a 2 seater, it will be an all in one like their 48th C/N kit. They already have all the parts in their T-birds and CJ kit, they just need to combine them and add some new markings. I honestly think we will see this before we see a 2 holer, thats why I am holding out hope for Academy's announced

F-16 sedan. I would like to be wrong though.

2 seater would be great but the Block 25/32 would be nice or even a block 40. My understanding way back when Tamiya popped the 1/32 F-16CJ is that every modern jet in 1/32 they would do in 1/48 and vs versa, this could of been a rumour. This kit is what 4 years old and they have done 4 1/48 scale 16's since it's release.

I was just looking over the sprues a few days ago and noticed places on the sprues where they can block off parts, which usually suggests something. One example I remember (I think) is the HARM missiles. They can make that sprue--other weapons--with no HARMS. This implies something, no? And this was not done for the T-birds, as the T-birds doesn't include ANY of that sprue, I believe, as the whole sprue is weapons, even though they do include gas bags and pylons in the T-bird kit. It makes perfect sense that they will come out with some other options, but jeeze, what's the hold up?

Mike Todd