New F-4E/RF-4C HI-DECAL sheets: IRIAF,ROKAF,AFRES

Thanks for the new decals Diego! I've been looking forward to building a Carswell AFRes F-4E ever since I saw them do an impressive display at Carswell back in 1988 - when it was still a SAC base. PM sent! :cheers:

:thumbsup: and happy modeling, Bryan

Hello Bryan,

Many thanks for your message! The inbox has been emptied and the decals reservation has been made! :)

Greetings

Diego

Hi Diego, It appears your ARC inbox is currently full. I sent an e-mail to you. The order is in the mail - hopefully there are decals left for me!

:salute: and happy modeling, Bryan

• 2 weeks later...
Diego....Very nice sheet considering I'm suffering from the Phantom flu-bug right now....any idea when the DCANG 113th TFW sheet will be available...I have a 1/48 ROG F-4D coming in the mail now that I want to break down!

Our very next sheet, 72056 & 48026 "F-4C/D in grey clothes" will include a.o. two of them:

F-4D - District of Columbia ANG - Mig killer

F-4D - District of Columbia ANG - CO a/c

F-4D - California ANG - big griffin on tail

F-4C - Oregon ANG - big eagle on tail

F-4C - New York ANG - rainbow on tail

F-4D - AFRes Ohio - Special Hill grey camo

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego

Hi Niels,

72057 & 48027 F-4E/RF-4C - ready now - deliveries starting Saturnday, 28th March.

72056 & 48026 F-4C/D - release planned for Mai/June

Greetings :)

Diego

Looking good, Diego - do you have an estimate on release?? :rolleyes:
:thumbsup: Diego, you are the man without doubt...113th DCANG release in May/June...outstanding!!! CAN I PREORDER SIR!!! I can finally build the 113th TFW C/O's jet...I must have this sheet in my life!! I'll be checking for this release as soon as its made available. Edited by B-ONE27
I guess I've missed something here. What's the yellow Spanish AF scheme? Was that the gold retirement (IIRC) scheme?

No, that was on a Spanish RF-4C (and covered on HiDecal sheet #72053/#48023).

I think this is a mispainted SEA camo'd one where the FS30219 Tan portions turned out really, really yellow - sort of like the "pea soup green" USAF birds.

HTH,

Andre

AFAIK all Spanish F-4C's wore the standard SEA camo during their service life, and none of the more desert-style schemes like the Mirage F.1CE and SF-5A/B's of the EdlA.

Corrections are, as always, welcome, tho'.

(edit: even though some preserved examples got unceremoniously repainted in some pretty awful schemes...)

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Andre
No, that was on a Spanish RF-4C (and covered on HiDecal sheet #72053/#48023).

I think this is a mispainted SEA camo'd one where the FS30219 Tan portions turned out really, really yellow - sort of like the "pea soup green" USAF birds.

HTH,

Andre

Andre, that's correct, all EdA F-4Cs were indeed painted in the standard SEA scheme, but there was an exception:

The Spanish F-4Cs ( as well as many US Phantoms based at Torrejon AFB) were overhauled at CASA Getafe center near Madrid.

Around September 1985 the number of Spanish F-4Cs in service was so low that several F-4Cs needed to be urgently reintroduced to service after overhaul. So urgent was the need, that these newly refurbished a/c flew with national markings and serials applied on the fresh lemon yellow primer during around 3 months. Interestingly, the intake splitters were still camouflaged in green/tan, the underwing pylons and fuel tanks being also standard green/pale grey. So this was the only "exception to the rule" for Spanish F-4Cs, but a very spectacular one, the overall color being similar to this one: http://www.5053phantoms.com/photos/display...m=109&pos=1

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego

phantomphreakII said...........

Diego, Need a review?

Harald

Ahmmmm dont that mean that you would have to actually BUILD something and then POST the pictures?? LMAOROF, I think I will be hiding for now, I still have my soul!!!

Ducking the bricks,

Jack aka BUGFAN

Hi Diego,

I'll definitely be ordering a set in 1/72 - will you be re-releasing 72051 (Iranian and NSAWC F-14s) by the way? I have not been able to get my hands on that sheet.

Well, the 72051 F-14 is of course still available (meanwhile the 3rd edition) but indeed selling quickly, and so "sold out" at most of our distributors - well, some of them taking a longer time to reorder these...

Of course, you can order this, as well as all our other sheets, directly - by PM, for example.

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego
So urgent was the need, that these newly refurbished a/c flew with national markings and serials applied on the fresh lemon yellow grounding paint during around 3 months.

Hi Diego,

intersting - thanks! Expect an order for a couple of sheets shortly...

Cheers,

Andre

Hi all,

I am happy to announce, that, as we finally received the intruction sheets from the printers, our newest F-4E/RF-4C Phantom II sheets are currently being posted.

We hope to dispatch all the preordered items within the next few days.

Sorry for the delay and many thanks for your patience!

Greetings

Diego

HDL

Edited by Diego

Question to all you guys that are finishing a/c in the Hill Grey scheme.

What stencil data are you using? I'm urgently requiring data in 1/48 to finish a F4D, but can't find anything to suit and with the Hi Decal sheet not coming until late in the year I'm stuck.

As much as I'm very very happy with the quality of the decals on the Hi Decal F4D 48025 sheet ,I feel that I have been let down. With absolutely no data on the sheet and the extra data sheet not yet here what are we went to use. Surely it would've made sense to release the data sheet along with the first nationality/unit sheets?

What stencil data are you using? I'm urgently requiring data in 1/48 to finish a F4D, but can't find anything to suit and with the Hi Decal sheet not coming until late in the year I'm stuck.

As much as I'm very very happy with the quality of the decals on the Hi Decal F4D 48025 sheet ,I feel that I have been let down. With absolutely no data on the sheet and the extra data sheet not yet here what are we went to use. Surely it would've made sense to release the data sheet along with the first nationality/unit sheets?

The Hill Grey Phantoms often carried full colour markings (warning triangles, black stencils etc. etc.) So they are really not much different from SEA scheme.

Only the last F-4G's carried low-viz triangles and other markings, so for an F-4D you should be good to go with the existing stencils from your kit.

As for aftermarket decals, Afterburner has plenty on their latest F-4 sheets, AirDoc have stencils only sheets in all 3 scales and you can source basically from any sheet you like. But rember - check you references!!

Best of luck :salute:

The Hill Grey Phantoms often carried full colour markings (warning triangles, black stencils etc. etc.) So they are really not much different from SEA scheme.

Only the last F-4G's carried low-viz triangles and other markings, so for an F-4D you should be good to go with the existing stencils from your kit.

Best of luck :salute:

I have never seen a Hill Grey Phantom with Black stencils, Red warning triangles and Yellow Rescue arrow yes, but never Black stencils. The stencils are a mix of Neutral/Gunship Grey depending on their location on the a/c.

Scott,

Indeed, I guess we will now proceed with a Hill Grey I/II & Cloud Grey stencilling sheet ( in 1/48 and 1/72) to go with our current and forthcoming F-4 releases. The stencils could be used on grey F-4C/D/Es & RF-4Cs and would also include respective walkways and slime lights.

Greetings

Diego

HDL