I am working on my first F-16 kit, it is a Tamiya 1/48 F-16CJ. I wanted to know do I glue the 2 intake parts together and try and fill the seams inside before airbrushing it white? Gloss white or flat white? Do you prime before the white? Is it not hard to airbrush with the intake put together..not much room to spray inside the intake once it is together. Any tips on how to fill and sand the seams inside the intake?

I took a page out of Pig Fleichman's build...

I put the intake together and did some seam filling on the inside. I then capped off the rear end and filled the thing with tamiya gloss white paint. You then pour the paint out and take off the end cap and hang it up so that the rear part is facing down. All the paint drips out and you wind up with a very convincing glossy intake!

I think pig uses some sort of interior paint, which would be cheaper and easier to get that Tamiya so you might ask him.

just look for the guy named Pig in the progress pics section. Send him a quick message, I'm sure he will be more than happy to help you.

Regards,

Frank