I'm still waiting (Since already a long time!) for some parts to finish my M41.

But I need to stay in touch with panzer modelling.

Was thinking about a Dragon Pz IV G, but to much parts to my liking, not what I need at the moment.

This one will do the trick.

Quick review:

photo_94.jpg

The box.

photo_95.jpg

Instruction sheet and decals

photo_96.jpg

PE set, and alu barrel. Lovely!

photo_97.jpg

photo_98.jpg

photo_99.jpg

photo100.jpg

The sprues.

photo101.jpg

The hull.

No need to show the tracks...

In my opinion, if vynil tracks could do the trick on modern panzer (M1, chally, etc...), it's not the case on most WW2 era machines.

So, I'll get a set friul's ostketten, as I want a tank in winter camo.

ATL19.jpg

PMMS review, much complete than mine.

Let's go!

For a change, I've started with the turret.

photo102.jpg

The "stummel" is really beautiful.

photo103.jpg

The turret herself. I've chosen the smoke discharger version.

Already a little bit of scratch, as I've broken the handles on the turret's top, so I've made some metal ones.

photo104.jpg

Just to see how it looks.

it's not glued, as I've some painting to do inside.

I'll see if I can add some bolt or welded lines.

Love Fruilmodel tracks. A bit pricey, but a lot goes into making them. Really adds to the finished product. Made all the difference on my M-24 Chaffee.

Yes.

I hope for a "special" look too, as winterketten are not seen very often.

Build nearly finished, preparing for paint.

photo_10.jpg

I didn't like the plastic part for the towing cable, so I've made another.

I've added some alu tape bits.

One of the towing rope will be in place, and the other ready to use, engaged in the rear hook.

photo_11.jpg

I'll have a try with these.

My first time with resin figs...

photo_12.jpg

Road wheels and return rollers ready to paint.

I've made a mask so that painting the rubber band will be more easily done.

• 2 weeks later...

Painting the road wheels:

photo_17.jpg

Tire black from gunze

photo_18.jpg

Mask on.

photo_19.jpg

Panzer grey from tamiya

photo_20.jpg

That's all.

One method among many others.

The contrast is not great between tire black and panzer grey, but you can see in the lower part of the wheel that it is very clean and neat.

Panzer grey from tamiya

Hello, Saw one of these in modelzone today but the £40 price tag put me off.

So instead bought a 1/35 Tamiya Panther Kampfwagen V, 1/35Tamiya Panzer Kampfwagen II and a 1/35 Trumpeter Challenger 2 MBT OP.Telic for about the same money.

This though is tempting me :thumbsup: .

Just a quick cheeky qusetion, i'm wondering which tamiya paint number is Panzer grey?

None of the Tamiya insturctions i have say anything about paint colours for the tanks just the figures.

I will be greatful for any help you have and or any good websites you've found for paint colours, i'm having trouble finding any good ones.

All the best Jamie

Tamiya panzer grey is XF63.

But I could have use another grey, as you'll see that there will be some variations in the color during the weathering.

In my mind, with panzer, it's a waste of time to seek the color that match exactly the original color. There will be anyway to much difference with light, weathering, etc...

I will be greatful for any help you have and or any good websites you've found for paint colours, i'm having trouble finding any good ones.

I don't know what you mean exactly, but here is a good link about panzer colors

If you mean something like an IPMS Stockholm color chart for panzer, I don't know if there is one.

But maybe I could help if I know exactly what you want to do.

I don't know what you mean exactly,

Antoine thanks alot for the link and help.

What i think i mean is is there a web site that gives you all the colours for the german WWII tanks/vehicles, but in model paint numbers.

Like a model panzer/panther/tiger paint chart, for lazy sods like me :P .

As i said before there is nothing on my insturctions about painting the tanks :tumble:

I want to do the panzer in the grey (european?) scheme and the panther in the sand/brown (african?) scheme, but i'm awful with paint colours and i don't want to lose detail with loads of coats of paint.

Could you recommend a tamiya sand and brown you think would look right

I'm finishing a revell Sturmtiger at the moment and used the recommended aqua paints, but the colours looked well off, way to bright, it ended up looking like some sort of comedy tank, i was even think of putting a clown in the commanders hatch hehe. In the end i gave it a light dusting of a normal grey then 4 coats of tamiya smoke and a wee bit of flat black round the exhausts. doesn't look to bad now if i do say so myself.

Will put a pic up when i get my camera back on thursday for your opinion, if you don't mind.

All the best Jamie

i´m a panzer fan myself too and your panzer III is coming out real nice. As you said before with all the lights and weathering it doesn´t matter if you apply the exact colour. Sometimes they were even painted with different tones depending on the paint supplier. For instance if you wanna go with simplicity you might use gunship gray or euro I dark gray or RAF Middlestone for panzer yellow.