F-14A, VF-84 Jolly Rogers 1/48

awesome results :thumbsup:

but maybe you should correct the antenna adding if it is one ??? I am not a tomcat expert :yahoo:

It looks out of scale.

it looks too thick and the length should be 2/3 of the actual size you have made I think

maybe you could use a fine thread of sewing or a fine fishing line

keep up the great work :wave:

It looks out of scale.

it looks too thick and the length should be 2/3 of the actual size you have made I think

maybe you could use a fine thread of sewing or a fine fishing line

Honza,

Looking great. Ghostkillers scale comment got me thinking. The yaw string is a great add-on to the Tomcat. The string used could be as simple as a cut pice of parachute cord. I have added it to my recent builds and find that .010 styrene is a good representation of the scale. It may be what you are using but it does look a tad too thick.

Also, if you are looking to add to the detail of the nose area, a nice touch it to add the 3 rain removal jets just in front of the windscreen.

DSC_1390-1-1.jpg

Awsome Tomcat so far.

Edited by Rhinolover

Awesome work Honza! In have a question? What are you using for rivit re-work. In particular.. Engine/Intake Nacelles! That is just beautifull! Can U share your technique??

8-5.jpg

Thanks!

Dave

Edited by Tomcat Tweeker
What are you using for rivit re-work. In particular.. Engine/Intake Nacelles! That is just beautifull! Can U share your technique??

Thanks!

Dave

Hi Dave. I am using Rossie the riveter from Mr. Dousek.

1: you must have surface in surfacer.

2: step are lines with pencil (rivet lines)

3: freehand riveting with riveter...

4: regrind surface with wet sendpaper 800

5: clean surface with toothbrush (wet is better)

6: another surfacer....

great work...

quite impressive...

i wish i had your talent..andpatient..to improve even the little details of the kit....

looking forward to see it finished.....

regards

Alex..Italy..

Honza, please don't switch to VF-84. Stay with VF-41!!! I was so excited to see a VF-41 cat. I am working on a VFA-41 F-18f and was following yours for inspiration!

Incidentally, I see that you use both white and yellow putty. What brands are they and what are their differences?

Fantastic work as always.

Hi Jenissary (Zidane).. thank you for kind words, but customer want VF-84 scheme.... This cas is a commision build...

And about putty...

White is Tamiya putty white ( It´s my favourite putty)

Yellow is tamiya polyester putty (two component putty) and I haven´t 100% good experiences with it

(But yellow putty is ready to grinding faster )

Edited by Honza K.

STUNNING.. SUPERB commissioned work ...Always admire your work Honza.PERFECT

you never falter on any detals and this is EXCEPTIONALLY EXCELLENT... :coolio::rolleyes:

HOLMES :taunt:

p.s hope the customer loves your maginifcent work,,,, :yahoo:

P4120008_resize-1.jpg

P4120007_resize.jpg

P4120002_resize-1.jpg

amazing job!! Have you any images / drawings that show you the surface details like the riveting of the intakes? Looks really so good! You give me the inspiration to do the same when I ll make a cat! But where do I have to look at...??