F-14A, VF-84 Jolly Rogers 1/48

• 2 months later...

Super looking pit there!

With the Surfacer 1200, what sort of ratio of thinners you mixing at, and what sort of pressure are you spraying at? Just curious as the finish is lovely!

Matt

"Spooky like's what You've got cooking...!!!" :)

Might wanna change Your name though...

Let's see:

* First a Phabulous HAF F-4,

* Followed by a sweet Mitsubishi F-1 :nanner: ,

* Then a marvelous A-4 Skyhawk,

* And now this bad Cat...

Guess You gotta chance Your name into "Aigore II"

:nanner:

On a more serious note: realy sweet stuff sofar.

I'm gonna keep an eye out for this one since I happen to got one in my stash somewhere...

Keep up the good work.

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Nice pit, Honza. Your work is very inspiring...but did i miss the finishing of the A4SU? i was very looking foward to that one finishing :)

Question, why did u rescribed the panel lines at the beginning of your build. is there something wrong with the kit's line?

Keep the update coming! cheers!

..but did i miss the finishing of the A4SU? i was very looking foward to that one finishing :)

Thanks RegFlag! look here: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....20&start=20

Question, why did u rescribed the panel lines at the beginning of your build. is there something wrong with the kit's line?

I rescribe panel lines, becouse it´s good for aplying oil colors in the finish of build. I don´t like, if are oil colors only somewhere in panel lines.

Kit after rescribe and with good panal lines looks better I thing.

And my qestion: What you will build now? Prowler looks amazing. I am still waiting for some big photos!

Hey Honza, looking sharp. I got one question: What type of putty do you use? I see both a yellow and white putty and was wondering what kind they were (and if you have to thin them before applying). Also, I see that you prime some of the bigger pieces (like the engine covers) before assembling them to the main body. Do you always do it this way or it depends on the situation?

I am looking forward to this build.

Cheers.

Hi there, Honza, mate!

Nice build you've got underway, bloke! You've bought so many aftermarket products for a Hasegawa kit me thinks Admiral Yamamoto must be rollin' in his tomb! :D Tell me one thing, mate; doesn't the Hasegawa "Pacific Fleet Squadron" kits bring the auxiliary fuel tanks that you had to get those Royale resin ones or is it just that you're a tad picky (and wealthy)?

And where did ya get this kit from?:

F-14AVF-41BlackAces148.jpg

Those are nice adds! There're two pitot tubes in the bag, ain't there, matey? Say, are there other 1/48 models these kits were available for?

Congratulations on yer work, Honza!

Looking very nice! I really like the cockpit!!!

@Uncle Uncool: there is only enough to do one jet. one probe is for the nose, the other is already molded on the kit. Seen here to the right of the 2.

VF-31003.jpg

(Pic borrowed from Brian's Tomcats 101 thread)

I have seen this set at HLJ but they are kind of spendy (~$10). Hobbydecal also their own brand for $4. I ordered some this week and I will let you know how they look.

Edited by graves_09

Your skill level is outstanding! Is the detail in the wheel wells from the kit or did you add it later? Sorry for the stupid question, but I haven't built anything less than 1/32, at least so far.

Your skill level is outstanding! Is the detail in the wheel wells from the kit or did you add it later? Sorry for the stupid question, but I haven't built anything less than 1/32, at least so far.

This is the Aires resin wheel bays

@Uncle Uncool: there is only enough to do one jet. one probe is for the nose, the other is already molded on the kit. Seen here to the right of the 2.

Oh? I see... Thanks for enlightening me, graves_09, mate. :cheers:

I have seen this set at HLJ but they are kind of spendy (~$10). Hobbydecal also their own brand for $4. I ordered some this week and I will let you know how they look.

Hmph, $10 for just that set of tiny probes would be a bit too much to pay, me thinks, yeh. Please, do have a picture of Hobbydecal's example uploaded on here as soon as ya get it, aye? Thank lots, mate.

P.D.: Honza? Honza...?

Good starting!

I 've a question. I see in your range, the extra fuel tank of royal resin.

The kit, F T are wrong?

In hasegawa kit are tanks used to 1980s... it´s old type of fuel tanks.

Royale resin make a new type of fuel tanks. The biggest difrence are ends of tanks.

Oh, no; Honza, HONZAAAA...!!!

Whut can ya tell me 'bout this kit here?

Do ya need to do any modifications prior to grafting the probe onto the kit's radome? Whut 'bout the set's price and availability?

For now I don´t know If it watn some modifications....

And price for me was zero... But If I will must buy some pitot tube, I will choose this:

http://www.nordlandmodels.com/produkty/mas...f-attack-probe/

price is about 3 euro.....