F-14A, VF-84 Jolly Rogers 1/48

Even though I'm a fan of the plain grey Navy birds, I enjoyed this thread a lot.

Your precision and patience you put into your builds is absolutely amazing.

Also looking forward to your Hornet beeing finished.

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
Aha. The wash takes off the edge, and primer takes care of the texture difference?

The tape is there for cover up ejector pin marks. Wash is only in the corners for more plasticity of landing gear.

Sorry I wasn't more clear. What I meant is the tape texture is fairly rough compared to the plastic. How do you get an even, consistent finish between the smoother surrounding plastic and the rougher tape?

Also, the tape isn't a perfect fit--the top triangle is probably the best example.

43svh.jpg

How do you obscure the edge of the tape in the inset? I assumed it was by using a wash.

Is the tape glued down somehow? It looks shiny.

Thanks!

Tamiya tape is painted with Tamiya extra thin cement. And I don´t thing, than can be some problems with glued down tape in future.

And texture of tape is after tamiya extra thin painting and surfacer OK.... ( it´s not big difference behind tape and plastic)

If you want, you can putty this holes, but for me is this quick and easier.... and looks good.

Edited by Honza K.
  • 2 weeks later...

Outstanding, just outstanding!

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread and am amazed at your skill and precision, fantastic to see.

Am looking forward to seeing this through to the end....

Thanks.

:lol:

• 4 months later...

Thanks guys!

Can you tell me something about Aires nozzle? Have you got problem to fit it on the model?

Aires exhaust... brutal... much work with send paper and graver... But with original kit part isn´t it easyer....

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg