What hotels are close to where the Nats will be?

Anyone know what decent hotels are around where the Nats will be? Just got back from Hawaii a month ago, paid $28.00 on parking at the hotel for the 8 days we were there! I said never again am i going somewhere where the hotel you pay and arm and a leg for charges you for parking! So i was wondering what around that area close would be good.... where they dont charge you for parking. I think thats the most rediculous thing there is!

Edited by modelman62
Anyone know what decent hotels are around where the Nats will be? Just got back from Hawaii a month ago, paid $28.00 on parking at the hotel for the 8 days we were there! I said never again am i going somewhere where the hotel you pay and arm and a leg for charges you for parking! So i was wondering what around that area close would be good.... where they dont charge you for parking. I think thats the most rediculous thing there is!

Well since no one else has jumped in here I will try. The biggest problem with downtown Columbus is you will pay for parking anywhere you stay or park. Now, the key question is how far away do you wish to stay? There are all types of Hotels around the beltway which is about 15 min. from downtown. You will find everything from motel 6 to the hilton. Price will range from 35.00-100.00 per night. No charge for parking. Parking in town will be around 10.00-20.00 a day depending on where you park. There just isn't an easy way to do it short of staying at the convention hotel. A good room outside the beltway will cost you 50.00-75.00 + say 15.00 a day for parking. So you are at 65.00-90.00. Compared to 135.00 or more for a room at the convention + the parking there at 12.00 a day and you save between 60.00-85.00 a day. Times that by 4 days and that is a nice chunk to spend in the vendor room.

For me, I live 45 miles away. When not laidoff, I drive to Columbus everyday. I will just treat it as any other work day. I'll pay the daily parking and this year, unlike others, Nats will cost me less than 100.00 to attend. I spent over 700.00 just to attend Nats last year which left me only 200.00 to spend with the vendors.

If you would like, I can compile a list of the better hotels around as its hard to get an idea of the area it is in from a website. Columbus, like other cities has its bad neighborhoods. Just let me know as this is something I have the time now to do and that may be one less thing a Columbus member needs to work on.

Jeff J

I'd be intrested in that list as well. I'm trying to keep the trip as low cost as possible now that I lost my overtime. Also, is there a list of parking lots/garages? I don't mind walking a few blocks to get there, it just means I get to see more of the downtown area.

Let me get my things together and I will post a list here. I am going to try and keep you guys in decent areas as well. I won't list anything one exit past the beltway on any highway.

If anyone has any specifics please post them.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I need to narrow this down. What range in price are you guys looking for. I can give you Motel 6 for 39.00 a night to the Westin at 129.00 a night. Anything downtown within walking distance is going to be high. Around beltway is running $40-$90.

Jeff

I'd be up for the belt way region, from what I've seen on the road maps that'd be best just hop off for the hotel, hop back on in the morning for the show and reverse.

Anyone from the Dayton area that knows a few places near the museum too?? I googled the area but again don't know whats good where, was going to head there Wednesday for the night so I have a full day at the museum.

Hi all i am staying at the red roof inn at OSU it looks like a safe hotel in safe area it also in the beltway and 60 bucks a night well in my budget

That would be my first suggestion. Can't beat the price and location. Only about a couple miles from the show. For the zoo area, I suggest the north 23 area. I will get a list together for you guys.

Jeff