portents of the middle east 'mini what ifGB'

well i had a grim idea all along after seeing more of zactoman's flanker colour profiles.

let us assume that iranian leadership continues on its nuclear programe and its aggressive stance towards everyone (less russia and china whom they get weapons from). eventually they come to a point where they are militrary strong, and capable of nuclear warfare, thus bringing great destabilty to the region. not only do they threaten the rich oil producing states to her west, to the north, it eyes the russian and turkish gas fields, and east, seeks to expand its strength on a ever weakening pakistan.

i'm thinking of a russian supplied su-30 single seater with canards in the old 3 tone desert camo. they fulfil a multirole task, but with greater stress on long range air to ground,air to air missions.

for their intercept, air to ground and CAS role, they use the chinese J-10 for shorter radius missions around their borders.

they may also have funded development of the mapo/mig 1.44 to small scale production. and pushing it into service with aesa radar and locally built r-77 missile variant.

given the old strategy that my enemies enemy is my friend, states that are wary of iran's leadership but have insufficent strength or force projection abilty to strike iran, look towards iran's erstwhile 'rival' israel.

these states may supply funds to help israel purchase more weapons and technolgy through covert or direct means. they may also send their military hardware to israel itself to use her as a stepping stone against a unpredicatble nuclear threat that could wreck oil supply and prices.

some of these new equipment include:

ex-venezulean su-30s field modifed to carry python 4s and dash-3 helmets, in exchange for f-16 upgrades and parts

new build f-35s rushed into production and rafael and delilah capable.

experimental f-16 block 70, essentially an f-16XL but built to israeli specs and supplement the sufas and baraks.

of course, regional and global superpowers and states may also upgrade their hardware, in the political classic case of the 'security dilemma spiral'

eurofighters in greek 3 tone aegean blue scheme

turkish and egyptian mitsubishi F-2s

syrian mig-35

saudi strike eagles with sniper pods, their eurofighter in desert scheme similiar to their tornado GR

indian modified hindustan industries hai-47 - the operational version of the sukhoi s-47 berkut.

so many possible what ifs from one tumultous region alone.. mods if you feel this thread and post is too sensitive by all means delete it. i dont want secret service to be knocking on my doors too. and i sincerely apologise if i have offended anyone.

Edited by Tomcat RIO
so many possible what ifs from one tumultous region alone.. mods if you feel this thread and post is too sensitive by all means delete it. i dont want secret service to be knocking on my doors too. and i sincerely apologise if i have offended anyone.

I don't think this is any more sensitive than a model from Vietnam or World War II. I say go for it, it sounds like you've got some really interesting ideas here.

hi guys thanks for the kind comments. i have already assigned and started some kits. a revell 1/144 mig 1.44 is already begun, with extensive modifications. markings for iranian airforce

in the pipeline is a Jordanian air force eurofighter in desert 3 tone scheme. which they would have purchased from the saudi arabia's 72 strong fleet in a bilateral agreement and also to supplement the early block f-16s and replace older types.

i have a finished revell eurofighter that was handpainted. i took away the missiles and parts for spares and it will be resprayed in qatar air force markings, which have similiarly been acquired 2nd hand from saudi arabia as part of the present day gulf cooperation council.

2 more flankers are also on order, one will be israeli markings ( i can hear cheers from some fans out there) and markings will be similiar to what zactoman did. and with kill markings. and with python 4 AAMs mounted on the 2 outer pylons. and the green-2 tone brown IAF scheme. (ooh i wet myself) i am still wondering how a flanker will mount a sniper or litening 3 pod on its intakes, and in typical israeli fashion, hang lots of bumps and antennaes all over. and i think alot of people might be keen on seeing JDAMs and Delilahs and popeyes and aim120s on a flanker too.

the other will be a iranian su-35 from zvezda, in the old 3 tone style camo.

this will be armed with the oversized weapons from the kit such as the big antiship missile and the outsized r-10s? of course, i will mount a aim-54 phoenix on the inboard pylons, just for old times's sake. as for the political implications of building this, i certainly have forewarned people to take a chillpill..

in the future i would also like to build a pakistani and iranian j-10 in desert greyish brown camo, and a NIQRAF(New Iraqi Republic airforce) F-16A MLU or a Tweet t-37! armed with aim-9s to provide a measure of self defence against a preponderous iran. but given the limited time left for this GB, and the other projects and GBs that are calling for me, i would have to build them outside of the GB. But it would be interesting indeed , that some of those what-ifs might eventually become will-be s....

ok! first up is the iranian new desert schemed j-10. i took reference from one of the side profiles on the what-if thread in jet modelling

kit is the trumpeter, and it went togehter very well, requiring only some puttying of seam lines, and removal of flash. i repositioned the flaps to a flap down position.

iriafj1011.jpg

packaging with insulation packs? the chinese are so nationalistic towards their own kits..

iriafj103.jpg

iriafj102.jpg

rubber bands to keep the wing root joint cool and together, also sanding of putty areas

iriafj104.jpg

iriafj106.jpg

iriafj10.jpg

iriafj109.jpg

primer

iriafj107.jpg

Fan-freakin'-tastic! :coolio: Those colours look very good on the J-10!

It's no longer the Imperial Iranian Air Force ( IIAF ), though. IRIAF stands for Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force. ;)

Edited by ChernayaAkula

I was actually doing an Iranian J-10 along the same lines as yours, except I ended up shelving it because I couldn't get the paint to look "right." What colors did you use? Mine just would not come up properly.

It's no longer the Imperial Iranian Air Force ( IIAF ), though. IRIAF stands for Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force. :jaw-dropping:

noted.. changed. that was quite embarassing.

I was actually doing an Iranian J-10 along the same lines as yours, except I ended up shelving it because I couldn't get the paint to look "right." What colors did you use? Mine just would not come up properly.

hmm.. i used RAF Hemp brown h-336? and gunze h-307. my think my basecoat of light grey helped to lighten the pastel colours..

thanks guys for the good feedback and pms..

i hve started next, an f-35 in israeli camo scheme. trying a new method. adding steel colout to the green and browns and see what i get.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...