RNLAF F-16am J-138......Vvvvvviper!!!

Looks really great! Top notch Work! :cheers:

This last updates screams for "save as" !

Remy..

LOL dude....I saw now you were lookin at the thread!!!

Thank you very much for the comments...finally I made it you saw?!?

it was pretty hard sometimes but in the end a medium difficult job!

LOL,save it save it!!!!!

Never thought someone would have saved one of my post...I'm very happy of this!!!

Cheers

:salute:

Hello Jack!

You were right about waiting for the pictures; they were really illustrative!! And seeing you doing it it doesn't seem to difficult to convert the Tamiya kit.

I read all the pictures, but I have a doubt. You used milliput for filling the holes in the upper fuselage and giving it the correct round shape and then applied CA glue to make it firm enough to do all the necessary re scribing?

Regards,

Gustavo.

Hey Gustavo!

thanks alot for your comment!Yes, go for it without being afraid....it is really a medium difficult task!

Getting to your question, well, basically yes.

Look, this is how I did:

I put milliput, alooooot, with masking tapes to repair the sides. put alooot of milliput, then, take the tail and make a sort of mould. I mean, take the tail and push it on place. You will see that some milliput (softened with water) will squeeze out. then gently take away the tail and leave all to dry thoroughly for 1-2 days.

Then sand aloooot....sand until you'll have a round shape and until the mould of the tail will be at the same level of the two sides....this way, having the mould will help you having a perfect fit!

The job done with CA is just because if you need to rescribe you'll need some tough underside for it.

So, sand a bit more the milliput and apply tons of CA (i used Zap-a-gap type, the green one), really TONS of it....let it dry quite alot and sand it till is a perfect shape again.

After all this you can go on with the rescribing process!!!

Hope it helped...I didn't documented all of it cause I was not sure it would have come out great so I'm sorry....LOL...I will do next time!!!

Cheers

:cheers:

Thanks again for the tip, Jack! Now I understood what you've done more clearly and I'll also give it a try in the near future.

As for saving your pictures as Viper01 mentioned, I've also been doing this since the beginning!!

Cheers,

Gustavo.

That's a #1 conversion. I loved it :whistle:

Thanks alot mate!!!!

Tried my best LOL!!!

Cheers

Thanks again for the tip, Jack! Now I understood what you've done more clearly and I'll also give it a try in the near future.

As for saving your pictures as Viper01 mentioned, I've also been doing this since the beginning!!

Cheers,

Gustavo.

LOL LOL now I'm very happy for that...thanks mate!

thanks for following and for also "supporting" me!

Cheers

:woot.gif:

Hi Jack-swiss,

Wow! :whistle: Love the panel lines you re-scribe on your viper! :woot.gif::rolleyes: My next F-16 project will be Taiwan's Blk20, it's gonna be plenty of re-scribing, but any way... should finish those three vipers in the first place...

Cheers :whistle:

Hi Jack-swiss,

Wow! :rolleyes: Love the panel lines you re-scribe on your viper! :D :thumbsup: My next F-16 project will be Taiwan's Blk20, it's gonna be plenty of re-scribing, but any way... should finish those three vipers in the first place...

Cheers :cheers:

Thanks dude,much appreciated!

Wow,lots of vipers in your mind uh?!?

I definetely want to build more vipers too...I would love to build a D blk 52+ or an F blk 60 in the future too...

I thought though last night that, after looking at the way tamiya did the engineering of its viper that I think we have to expect a B or D model for the future...

I mean, it has no sense of dividing the upper fuselage in two parts if not for making a different front part (or also a rear part)...it is a non sense cause making only a "one" piece would have been cheaper...

so i think we absolutely have to expect one of those variants for the future....I think the two seater will be out first...

Anyways, we'll see!

Cheers dude and thanks alot

very nice work mate!!

one comment only. The plates on the top should not cover the panel lines but run along side with them especially the midle panel...hope it makes sence.

Hi Agelos, thanks alot for you comment...

yeah I have to absolutely agree with you but I noticed a think, tell me what you think...

I think that those plates are different from the ones used on the A model....if you go check the reference pic I put on page 5 you will see that the shape is in a very small way a bit different....

I checked,dryfitted and fitted again but no way to reproduce the positioning like in the pic....I see very different shape in those plates so I tried the best way to position them like in the pic but they are not great....anyway,best I could do...believe me,i tried to do it but no way, if I follow the lines they would have been totally out of position on another part so I tried to find a compromise!

hope it makes sense LOL...

Cheers and thanks alot for the headsup!

Jack you have done excellent job m8!!!

Cheers

Panos

Thanks alot Panos!

I'm glad you like it!!!

Cheers

Magnificient work dude!!

You´ve got a really anal sense of detail .....awesome! :rolleyes:

And I really like the way you present the WIP :D

Cheers bro!

Hey dude, wow, thank you very much for your comments!

I'm glad you love it!

LOL, anal sense of detail...LOL LOL...that's funny!!!

Thanks indeed man!

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Ι see very different shape in those plates so I tried the best way to position them like in the pic but they are not great....anyway,best I could do...believe me,i tried to do it but no way, if I follow the lines they would have been totally out of position on another part so I tried to find a compromise!

The Strengneth plates are different in the MLU's (A's) (cause they have a bit different structure) from the C's...

The plates you used are from the Tamiya set right? These are for a -C Block 50. So they are having some differences from the -A ones...

Doesn't matter...!!! I think it will be beautiful!!!!

:cheers:

The Strengneth plates are different in the MLU's (A's) (cause they have a bit different structure) from the C's...

The plates you used are from the Tamiya set right? These are for a -C Block 50. So they are having some differences from the -A ones...

Doesn't matter...!!! I think it will be beautiful!!!!

:)

Ohhh yeahh!!!

Finally I have confirmation of this!

Thanks Panos!that's exactly what I tought...I didn't know but thought this!

Cheers dude

:rolleyes:

Very nice build so far there. One thing: it's not from 313 sqn,but 315 sqn like on your picture outlining.

Eric

Hi Eric, thanks for the comment!

I read on the net that when the 315 sqn was disbanded he went to the 313 sqn in Volkel AB so that's why I wrote 313 since I want to depict that particular plane...in 2002 was still from the 315 sqn

What you think about it?

Maybe the story I read was wrong but I found on two sites...

Cheers and thank you again for the comments

Fantastic job Jak,

I am totally raped from pics of your building. I am so happy to find so good modeller on ARC to share buildings and techniques.

My best compliment.

Ciao

Thanks alot Davide!

I'm very happy and touched for your very kind words...I'm glad to receive such words from a master like you!!!Thank you indeed!

I've learned because the man whose this build is dedicated to taught me everything and shared his technique, having the patience to talk and teach to a complete rookie...I feel like I HAVE to share everything I can adn I do when modelling 'cause that's what's all about after all...I was "treated" like that and I want to do my part as well!

Cheers Davide and thank you very much again

:coolio:

Hey Jack - nice job so far.

I have managed to get one of these so far as to put the aires pit in and make the intake seamless - yours looks fantastic. Excellent presentation as well!

Regards

Frank

Hey Jack - nice job so far.

I have managed to get one of these so far as to put the aires pit in and make the intake seamless - yours looks fantastic. Excellent presentation as well!

Regards

Frank

Thank you very much frank...

build it, you're gonna love it!of course the more AM products you'll put the more you'll ruin that magic fitting but that remains still quite good!

Cheers

:(

Hi Jack

I started following you unbelievable build. Unfortunately some of the early pictures are no longer available (bandwidth exceeded). Is it possible to repost all the pictures in a location which can bee seen by all?

Thanks in advance

Hi Jack

I started following you unbelievable build. Unfortunately some of the early pictures are no longer available (bandwidth exceeded). Is it possible to repost all the pictures in a location which can bee seen by all?

Thanks in advance

Hi Bennet...

thanks for stopping by and make this very nice and kind comment!THank you alot!

As for the pics...I'm about to do it....that's the second time in a row I'm exceeding the bandwidth and dunno why....I have just one thread and those pics are max 800kb each so can't understand how I could pass the 25 gb band...do you have any advice?!?!?

Cheers and wait some hours...it will be a long editing LOL!!!

:D

I've put the pics back on again...also the old ones,now all the work is visible again!

Sorry for the inconvenient and if someone could explain to me this thing of the band exceeding would be awesome...I can't understand how I can exceed it if my pics where just 800kb max size....

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Jack,

It is really progressong well even if you are having tough times with certian parts...

Ok I am naive so I am gonna ask you a question..you said that you put the tail in hot water and it straightened up and that is fine, BUT MY question is will the plastic revert back to bending backto its original way once the "molecules "" { plastic } of the tail are cooled as the hot water cools off ...I mean will it stay STRAIGHT..told you it was gonna be one of those days for you..Sorry

HOLMES. :thumbsup: