RNLAF F-16am J-138......Vvvvvviper!!!

Hello Jack,

That sounds good to me.

What do you mean by you waste the clear canopy. Maybe you can wash it with warm, (not HOT) water.

Beware that you don't exceed the orange. Its just for the look, just e very gentle onrange teint is enough. If the mix is light, i mean 10% orange ink.

You can dipp the canopy maybe twice, until the teint looks good. But take care that is will not be too much orange.

Succes

Henk

two mins and the update will be on-air!!!!!

I'm uploading the pics right now!

Cheers

:whistle:

Yes I was thinking of using the smoked one given by tamiya and apply to it an orange coat with future....I'm working on the clear one for trials and see how it comes out....

MMhh so basically you dip in the mix and then with the bush you remove that liquid that remains in the angles, i mean that part where the canopy meets the, lets call it, "coloured-part of the canopy"?

How many times you dip in the mix?

so, anyway, you'd say a 1:10 mix generally....not more...right?

Cheers henk and thanks alot,your help is really important cause I don't want it to become a super waste of canopies!!!!!

Ecoline seems very interesting.

I use to dip the canopy in the Future, when cured I airbrush Tamiya smoke and Gunze clear yellow mix insde at low pressure.So I let dry a bit then dip the canopy again in the Future to remove the blurred effect. If to dip in the Future one time is not enough I repeat the process up to 3-4 times.

But I see that your way to ix Future with Gunze orange works greatly and seems better than my way too.

Edited by f12aaa

Hi, Jack-Swiss!

I like you try. What is think is that the canopy looks too orange. I know that the tint may vary from canopy to canopy, but in my opinion this one looks too orange. Look at the picture of the real one above... May be I can add a bit of green and smoke...

Ecoline seems very interesting.

I use to dip the canopy in the Future, when cured I airbrush Tamiya smoke and Gunze clear yellow mix insde at low pressure.So I let dry a bit then dip the canopy again in the Future to remove the blurred effect. If to dip in the Future one time is not enough I repeat the process up to 3-4 times.

But I see that your way to ix Future with Gunze orange works greatly and seems better than my way too.

Yeah I tried to spray once the clear but had no luck my friend!!!Actually came out really a crappy job...no patience I guess!

I think that this way, seen alot around, is the best cause the mix is really homogeneus, resulting in no shades, more coloured areas and such, and it is a much faster way to accomplish the job (one you know what you're doing :monkeydance:). Secondly the great thing is that Future levels itself incredibly and so does the gunze paint....only if you've put it inside the future,so awesome effect!!!

Cheers my friend

Hi, Jack-Swiss!

I like you try. What is think is that the canopy looks too orange. I know that the tint may vary from canopy to canopy, but in my opinion this one looks too orange. Look at the picture of the real one above... May be I can add a bit of green and smoke...

Thanks dude for your comment...I understand what you mean...though there are two problems...

First, and simply, I can show you 4 pics I took of the same canopy with different lights and if I wouldn't tell ya you would think that they are 4 DIFFERENT canopies LOL LOL....I choose the one with the better lights to see contrast...but believe me is much more subtle the effect!

It is only because with "natural" light the pics would have been too much ehm ehm...light!!!

Then second and most important thing.....I don't have anymore canopy and sincerely since it's my first time I wouldn't like to try to remove this mix with something-ammonia mix...I'm too scared....know what I mean?!?LOL

I think I'll leave with it and count on the fact that will be opened and such....besides I'm not gonna glue the canopy cause I'm intend to bring it to a contest if I can make it to the deadline so I can redo it in the future....

Hope this makes sense dude!

Thanks for the remark though,much appreciated!!!!

Cheers

Great looking canopies Jack. As you've learned, Future is your friend! I use it on almost everything.

Wow...absolutely friend chcuk,unbelievable!

But I thought "she" was harder...I mean is it right that she melts and goes away with nail-polisher or acetone?!?

I thought it was the toughest base on earth for washes and stuff....any heads'up?!?

Cheers and thanks again

:lol:

Edited by Jack-Swiss
Yes.

Ok...Perfect!

So I might give it a try but before I'll se how it looks on the plane,make a pic and give it to you!

so you can see it better the contrast!

Cheers and thanks alot for the heads up

;)

Hey mates...Mr.Hobby airbrush has arrived,woooow!!!awesome!!!

Now if only the hose and the paints would arrive I could start my work :soap:

Sgrunt....working on the front well and the preparation of the plane for the painting stages!!!

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Wow...absolutely friend chcuk,unbelievable!

But I thought "she" was harder...I mean is it right that she melts and goes away with nail-polisher or acetone?!?

I thought it was the toughest base on earth for washes and stuff....any heads'up?!?

Cheers and thanks again

If you have good solid coat or two of Future on your model, varsol based washes will not penetrate it. I've never tried acetone, mostly because it is way too strong, especially since it will melt plastic if you use too much of it. Stick with ordinary paint thinners and you'll be fine.

One other thing I've learned about Future is to do a "flash coat" over it with Windex to make it even more smooth for canopies and prep for decaling. Once you've got a good coat of Future on your model, I spray a very light coat of straight Windex on top of it and let it set. Your Future coat can be anything from only slightly dry to very dry. Many small imperfections will smooth out as the Windex melts the Future and redistributes itself. Be careful though, you can't use too much Windex or you'll have a runny mess. Just a light mist coat is plenty. You may see slight clouding at first, but don't worry, it will dry clear.

If you have good solid coat or two of Future on your model, varsol based washes will not penetrate it. I've never tried acetone, mostly because it is way too strong, especially since it will melt plastic if you use too much of it. Stick with ordinary paint thinners and you'll be fine.

One other thing I've learned about Future is to do a "flash coat" over it with Windex to make it even more smooth for canopies and prep for decaling. Once you've got a good coat of Future on your model, I spray a very light coat of straight Windex on top of it and let it set. Your Future coat can be anything from only slightly dry to very dry. Many small imperfections will smooth out as the Windex melts the Future and redistributes itself. Be careful though, you can't use too much Windex or you'll have a runny mess. Just a light mist coat is plenty. You may see slight clouding at first, but don't worry, it will dry clear.

Thanks mate!

I'll try as you said...I gott buy the equivalent of windex here!

But that's all remaind when paints arrive...before I can't do anything!!!

Cheers dude and thanks alot for the many advice!!!!

Ohhhh yeaaah awesome....I already saw it today!!!

Dude,unfortunately there are not the decals yet...bbbbbuuuut I have the J-055 on my plans!!!!!

LOL...

Cheers mate and thanks for the info!!!

Ohhhh yeaaah awesome....I already saw it today!!!

Dude,unfortunately there are not the decals yet...bbbbbuuuut I have the J-055 on my plans!!!!!

LOL...

Cheers mate and thanks for the info!!!

Quite recently ordered & received the Shy@rt sheet for the J-055 as well. Hope to build that one sometime soon...

(Currently have the J-066 on the table which I need to finish !!!)

After seeing the pic's of J-015, I thought it might be a nice idea to try and build that one as well. From the first impression

it should be possible to replicate the design by means of some very carefull masking... Currently the orange colour might be the

biggest challenge since it appears to be "metalic".

According to the demo web-site (www.f16demoteam.nl), the team will visit my "home-plate" on april 16th -17th.

I have high hopes that they will bring along the 015 & if so I'll probably zapp her "inside out" !!! During that intended

photoshoot I wil also be able to figure out if it's possible to duplicate the scheme. With some luck I'll be able to have a

chat with the crew & try to obtain the original painting-plans. Otherwise I'll just have to pay them a visit at Volkel.

Keep You posted...

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

According to the demo web-site (www.f16demoteam.nl), the team will visit my "home-plate" on april 16th -17th.

I have high hopes that they will bring along the 015 & if so I'll probably zapp her "inside out" !!! During that intended

photoshoot I wil also be able to figure out if it's possible to duplicate the scheme. With some luck I'll be able to have a

chat with the crew & try to obtain the original painting-plans. Otherwise I'll just have to pay them a visit at Volkel.

Keep You posted...

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Hi Spooky! You're going to let your friends have some of those pics, aren't ya? :woot.gif:

That Viper is HOT!

Spooky...yeah, you're gonna let you friends have some pics uh?!?

And while you there nd make the pics,when you get home you could also, like, make scaled drawings of the scheme uh? :woot.gif:

LOL....I would love to be there too dude!It's gonna be awesome to see it!!

Cheers mate

:worship:

Hello ARC mates,

here I am with another update....front wheel well done,received a good plumbing job!

another update: Gunze Mr.color paints arrived today :woo: :woo: wow,didn't know they started changing the jars, they are making them with the style of the aqueos range,the hobby colour ones...some of them are still the old type which is waaaaay better to open up!but some are already new!

....now I just need the hose,mmhhh :soapbox: so all will slide to the next week...in a way it's better cause I can prepare even better the surface and deal with the last scratches and stuff!

Sssso, airbrush's here, paints here...missing air hose!!!!NEEEEDING it urgently grrrr

35laonq.jpg

29vi2o5.jpg

ouqnbo.jpg

n1fh3c.jpg

10d8o5f.jpg

2q1xl6w.jpg

Cheeers and enjoy!!!

comments welcomed :crying2:

Edited by Jack-Swiss
Hi Spooky! You're going to let your friends have some of those pics, aren't ya? :monkeydance:

That Viper is HOT!

Oh boy... I'm afraid a promise is ohhhh sooo easily made...

However; should I be able to sqeeze off some juicy shot's of this fancy bird,

I'll make sure to post them at ARC.

@ Jack-Swiss:

As for those line-drawings... Hmmm, unfortunately I'm not such a wizard when it comes to

making those on a computer. Since I'm brainfarting with the idea to duplicate it in 1/48 I just might be able

to produce some template for the scheme. If/When it comes to that I'll let You guy's know about it.

"Check Six....."

Spooky.