RNLAF F-16am J-138......Vvvvvviper!!!

wow that front wheel well looks great! excellent job!

Thanks dude...much appreciated!!!

Cheers

@ Jack-Swiss:

As for those line-drawings... Hmmm, unfortunately I'm not such a wizard when it comes to

making those on a computer. Since I'm brainfarting with the idea to duplicate it in 1/48 I just might be able

to produce some template for the scheme. If/When it comes to that I'll let You guy's know about it.

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

LOL LOL...dude no problem!It will be already much to have prime pics to make a template!!!!

Can't wait for them!

Cheers mate

;)

Hi Jack!

I think the canopy looks good, especially with the paint on it'll be perfect!

Also the wheel bay looks awesome, dude! Don't you just love doing that, cut the wire, bend it....glue your elbow to the work table...

Maaan, I really like what you're doin' with this Viper!

Keep it up!

<_<

Emil

Edited by Hawkins
Hi Jack!

I think the canopy looks good, especially with the paint on it'll be perfect!

Also the wheel bay looks awesome, dude! Don't you just love doing that, cut the wire, bend it....glue your elbow to the work table...

Maaan, I really like what you're doin' with this Viper!

Keep it up!

:woot.gif:

Emil

Thanks mate!!!

Yeah I think that in the end will be ok since paint will have to go on and that will tone the lot very much I think...

we'll see...I also intend not to glue the canopy cause it will be in the opened position. thus for being able to transport it better!!!

I could also put that into another viper when I'll buy another one so that I can pick another one from the new kit and paint it differently...we'll see!

Cheers

:)

Looks amazing! can't wait to see more!

Thanks John....thank you very much indeed for you kind words!

Little "word" Update

Today unfortunately I encountered lots of little problems....

I'm trying to speed up a bit the project in order to make it for the contest on 18-19 of april but I really dunno if I can make it!

I was priming today the rear fuselage and find out that there are some tiny holes on the attaching point of the tail conversion and fuselage....dunno if I can repair them!

I'll post pictures tomorrow so you guys can give me an advice or something...please stay tuned!!!

then I I attached the two plates near the nose and the nose itself but those plates really gave (and still are givin to me) lots of problems!!!!

Aaaaand to complete the nice view the resin rear part of fuselage, that one that comes with the aires exhaust, the one that is part of the really end of the fuselage, is reaaaaaaally givin me problems....

uffff I hit the wall guys...that harsh wall that knock you down in the mood and morale!!!!

Hope tomorrow will be better...wish me luck!

Cheers

:deadhorse1:

Stick with it Dude.

Just take a breeze and try to relax a bit.

Trying to fix things when You're already a bit frustrated normaly don't work out that well.

Don't try to rush to Your deadline but try and keep a "natural flow" on things.

I'm sre You'll be able to pull it off & with some luck You'll realize it's only april 17th with

only 3 decals left to put on.... :worship:

Keep up the good work.

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Stick with it Dude.

Just take a breeze and try to relax a bit.

Trying to fix things when You're already a bit frustrated normaly don't work out that well.

Don't try to rush to Your deadline but try and keep a "natural flow" on things.

I'm sre You'll be able to pull it off & with some luck You'll realize it's only april 17th with

only 3 decals left to put on.... :D

Keep up the good work.

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Hey dude,

you're right....I gotta stay cool and make something else!later this day I'll post picture of the problems for you guys...the tail,the nose and the rear part of the fuselage!so stay tuned!

I'll try to keep it cool and if I cannot make it,well...no problem,who cares!

Thanks for the encouragement dude!!!

Cheers

looks really good, I like your tinted canopy, and thanks for detailing out the good, the bad and the ugly

Hey Ken,thanks for your kind words and for the support!!!

I'll try to solve every problem!

Cheers

:D

Hello Jack

First of all DON"T RUSH. If your model will not be ready for some kind of date, let it be......

The model is worthwile to give a lot of attention, like you are doing now.

Sometimes when you give yourselve some kind of deadline, everything seems to go with mistakes.

Again my friend DON"T RUSH

Regards

Henk

By the way, i'm curious about your pics, so i can see the problems. I've made this kit in 32nd scale and lots of Vipers zo i think i can help.

Stay cool

I'll stay tuned

Thanks alot for your comment Panos!!!

Henk, thanks alot for your kind words,much appreciated....In fact I decided to slow down and forget the contest...I'll bring it maybe in autumn (:D) if there will be any possibilities and if the model will look good enough...but you guys will be the judges!

Ehm,you want an update?!?here you are....LOL

UPDATE TIMEEEE

2gt583n.jpg

2qj9ame.jpg

6xyhkg.jpg

3088xfc.jpg

2ikw6lk.jpg

2yuk13o.jpg

21j9b8w.jpg

jt4fpk.jpg

2rzxgjn.jpg

8wy3oi.jpg

Cheers and thanks for watching!

Please give me feedbacks, I really need them...

:wave:

Edited by Jack-Swiss

What's the problem Jack?

It looks pretty good to me....

I'd like to give any critic, and as far as i can see, it seems that there the front slats of the wings are glued on the fuselage. Cut it.

And about the tail fin, the opening can be filled with miliput or something like that. Be aware that the hook is 90 degrees from the fuselage.

And perhaps you should scribe some lines trhough, if you know what i mean.

Or do you mean the gap between the canopy and te fuselage?

Remember this is a tamiya kit... isn't it

If something will not fit you will be doing something wrong

Good luck

Edited by Henk Koppelaar
awesome build :salute: Just remenber: there are no problems in plastic modeling... just challenges ...and you will tackle them all! :coolio:

Thanks alot dude for the very kind words!!!

I'll make it hrough it!

Cheers

:salute:

What's the problem Jack?

It looks pretty good to me....

I'd like to give any critic, and as far as i can see, it seems that there the front slats of the wings are glued on the fuselage. Cut it.

And about the tail fin, the opening can be filled with miliput or something like that. Be aware that the hook is 90 degrees from the fuselage.

And perhaps you should scribe some lines trhough, if you know what i mean.

Or do you mean the gap between the canopy and te fuselage?

Remember this is a tamiya kit... isn't it

If something will not fit you will be doing something wrong

Good luck

Wait wait dude...one thing at time...

1) Does it looks that good to you?!?!so maybe I'm too critic with myself isn't it?

2) what you mean with "...that the hook is 90 degrees from the fuselage" --> if you're referring to the angle that the fin creates with the fuselage don't worry,is 90 degrees...as per the milliput I've already done it but when scribed there were reaaaaally bad and not inline,ehm, lines so I think I'll leave it without the line...I did it 4 times with no success,so I'm getting pretty frustrated...know what I mean?!

3) gap between the fuselage and canopy?!you mean in front?no there is just because it's there with blue tack...

4) no the prob on the nose was the fit of the two plates right and left to the IFF's....and the nose itself...I think my tamiya kit had a problem cause they were really overdimensioned....pretty strange! I had to sand it aloooot down..

5) the slats down?!but arent those up when parked?

Cheers and thanks for the remarks!!!

:coolio:

Jack, did you use the close-up lenses to take the close-up pics?

Yep dude, but I screwed up the pics...I think I did them with bad exposure or with the selector in the wrong position (i took these pics yesterday)...insetad the mr.color pics was taken tonight and you can clearly see that it is perfect!!!isn't it?

Jack- looking good!

I really like the stiffners. Sorry you are having trouble - just take your time and don't rush it.

Good luck

Frank

Thank you Frank, thank you for the support, I'm happy of your words!thanks indeed!!!!

Cheers

:jaw-dropping:

Well Mr. Jack-Swiss. I think in my opninion you are being just a little hard on yourself. I looked and looked but found nothing. I am no Viper expert here in the states or abroad, but what I did see was one HELLOFA looking Viper. As everyone else said take your time, dont set yourself up with any timeframe to finish or you will rush it and in the end you will be even more frustrated and kicking yourself in the @$$ for the rest of your life asking yourself was it really worth sacrificing my talent just so that a couple of other people could see it? Youll get there and in the end you will have a SUPERB fighting machine, albeit a plastic one.........hehe, couldnt resist. Cant wait to see more Jack, keep it up!

Looks good..

The beercans must be remove. Dutch MLU have no beercans. MLU have alone block A and B. Beercans are above block C.

Thanks mate.....but what are the beercans?!?!?!?I really don't know...

You got an ignorant about this stuff,names etc here, speaking to you LOL LOL!!!

Cheers

Hi Jack,

I think you also need to add the stiffners on the wings.

See: http://www.f-16.net/gallery_item46254.html

But for sure: looking great!.

Regards,

Hi mate,

thanks for the headsup...I don't know cause from the pics I have there shouldn't be those plates...but if you tell me I can put them....

I'm not 100% sure though...

I need confirmation on this!

ehm.....guys?!?little help???

Cheers

Well Mr. Jack-Swiss. I think in my opninion you are being just a little hard on yourself. I looked and looked but found nothing. I am no Viper expert here in the states or abroad, but what I did see was one HELLOFA looking Viper. As everyone else said take your time, dont set yourself up with any timeframe to finish or you will rush it and in the end you will be even more frustrated and kicking yourself in the @$$ for the rest of your life asking yourself was it really worth sacrificing my talent just so that a couple of other people could see it? Youll get there and in the end you will have a SUPERB fighting machine, albeit a plastic one.........hehe, couldnt resist. Cant wait to see more Jack, keep it up!

Man. dude.....awesome words from ya,thanks alot!!!!!

I really appreciate...yeah maybe I'm a bit too hard with myself but remember that pics tend to hide stuff,LOL LOL....so some mistakes are definetely there LOL!!!!

Thank you very much for you comment mate,much appreciated!

Cheers

Edited by Jack-Swiss

Ohhhhhh yeaaaah....dude!!!

awesome,I totally forget them!

Thank you very much for pointing that out,I was totally forgettin it!

I'll sand them out....get rid of them totally!!!!!

Thanks mate!

Another thing dude,if you know it...the slats, are up or down?!?whould I cut and position them down or leave them as they are?

Since I decided to put the flaps down (which is not correct since they should be up whne shut down) I might overpass this error and leave the slats as they are

hat you think?!

Cheers