Kinetic F-16CJ Block 52+ Polish

Is the Polish Viper the first of the Kinetic kits that addresses the nose issue? I read on here somewhere that they were fixing the problem, but I can't remember what boxing would have the new nose first...Polish or Sufa or other?

Well Raymond said it was going to be the Polish and Sufa releases, but when??? is a good question.

I don't think I'd buy one till they fixed it, and beware of the early release as who knows what you might get, unless they can confirm the correction.

Eduard did it with the Mirage IIIcj's,the first releases had a problem with one fuselage half having soft to no scribing, then corrected it after who knows how many were sold, I know I have 2 of them.

Curt

I'd rather save and buy a Tamiya C/N when I can.

Can a Polish or any non-USAF/USN plane be made out of it without buying resin aftermarket ? I'm not interested in US Vipers and that's why I don't have a Tamiya kit in the stash.

Edited by Laurent
Can a Polish or any non-USAF/USN plane be made out of it without buying resin aftermarket ? I'm not interested in US Vipers and that's why I don't have a Tamiya kit in the stash.

Poland flies block 52s, the first Tamiya 1/48 Falcon was a block 52...

Or am I missing something?

Poland flies block 52s, the first Tamiya 1/48 Falcon was a block 52...

Or am I missing something?

The first Tamiya 1/48 Falcon was block 50, not 52. Their Thunderbirds kit was block 32 / 52, but it lacked parabrake tail and many other parts required to build Polish block 52+.

Pawel

Thank you shion and Vodnik for confirming what I thought. Block number is only the visible part of the iceberg. Iceberg... block... argh. Seriously it's seems like modifications done to answer customer requirements are as or even more important for the modeller than the block number.

Edited by Laurent

Funny, I was just looking at the Polish -52 build-up on Lucky Model's website, from their newsletter.

If that's the 'corrected' parts... I'm not sure what they corrected. I still see a bunch of problems, and if anything, the nose looks worse in the upper 3/4 shot. Hopefully Raymond will let us know if that's a build of the 'corrected' kit, or just the Polish bits glued onto an 'old tool' model.

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48010

So what is the story on the corrections - any updated information. This kit (and the Sufa) are the two I am most interested in, but I don't want to get them right out of the chute only to have them upgraded before I even remotely get around to building them.

Are updates/corrections coming?

So what is the story on the corrections - any updated information. This kit (and the Sufa) are the two I am most interested in, but I don't want to get them right out of the chute only to have them upgraded before I even remotely get around to building them.

Are updates/corrections coming?

yes, first on the Poland and SURF

and what about the older kits, the Block 15 AM MLU, and the F-16D 40/50 of the first batch. will those be updated, or are the corrections separatly available?

We have reported this issue to Kinetic and because this does not only affect Luckymodel's customer, it also affect worldwide distribution and require some arrangement. Also, depending on their first batch reminding stock also....

Hi Raymond,

yesterday I have received the confirmation from Lucky Model about the shipping of the Kinetic Polish F-16, so I will receive the updated kit yet???

If so I'm ready to place the order for the Sufa too.... :D

Regards.

Marco

Maybe I missed it but I have to ask. What about the people who have a Kinetic kit with the original nose problem in them, do they get extra updated parts to get that nose fixed?

Edited by Mad Viper