Hasegawa P-40E 1-32

Good Morning, Im looking for some help and advice with Hasegawas new 1-32 P-40E kit, before i start attacking the sprues I would like to know if anyone has found any pit falls with the kit? or anything i should look out for on the build. Im not convinced of the two decal options but there doesnt seem to be too much else out there. Im Tempted to try an RAF Kitty Hawk but not sure what conversions are needed from the E.

Biggest problem with the kit is extra framing on the windscreen part

that is not on the P-40E. Hasegawa tried to take a shortcut and make

the part cover several versions of the P-40. The framing on the kit's clear

parts are recessed, making it more difficult to sand them off, but it can be done.

HTH....

Good question! That is the next kit on my list to tackle. I had to wait for replacement decals (the kit ones were damaged).

Barracudalcals had decals coming out (I thought February but they werent' for sale last I checked) for some other marking options. I haven't found anything else.

Good Morning, Im looking for some help and advice with Hasegawas new 1-32 P-40E kit, before i start attacking the sprues I would like to know if anyone has found any pit falls with the kit? or anything i should look out for on the build. Im not convinced of the two decal options but there doesnt seem to be too much else out there. Im Tempted to try an RAF Kitty Hawk but not sure what conversions are needed from the E.

Just scroll down the main page and you'll see a preview of the new BarracudaCals decals along the left hand side.

Tom