I've shown these 2 off several times, but between commision builds over the last 3 years, I'm getting closer to finishing them off!!

The main things that I've gotten done are the gear doors, canopy and windscreen for 105. Also, 105's TPS scheme has been slightly modified. While 103's tanks, and horizontal stabs were added.

Both are Hasegawa 1/48 F-14B's.

Victory 103 has a mix of FT and VF decals.

DSC00511.jpg

DSC00507.jpg

Victory 105 has a mix of decals from 2Bobs and VF.

DSC00510.jpg

DSC00506.jpg

And a surprise F-14B!!

This tomcat will be Victory 110 from the last tomcat cruise. The latest items done with this cat is the engines have been added to the fuselage, landing gear assembled and painted, and the intakes have been painted white.

DSC00508.jpg

Enjoy..

Hey Brian, really nice work on both!

Now a question: As per my thread yesterday in the Jets Forum concerning the canvas covers on the glareshields, I notice that both of yours have a colored version of this up front of the HUD. Reddog mentioned that these are almost (if not always) black, so have you seen this cover in these other colors on the real deal? I've tried to find pics of this cover, but it's a very rare pic to find. So far they all look black to me.

Hey Brian, really nice work on both!

Now a question: As per my thread yesterday in the Jets Forum concerning the canvas covers on the glareshields, I notice that both of yours have a colored version of this up front of the HUD. Reddog mentioned that these are almost (if not always) black, so have you seen this cover in these other colors on the real deal? I've tried to find pics of this cover, but it's a very rare pic to find. So far they all look black to me.

Chuck-

This is not exactly the best image to use, but it will have to do.

10317.jpg

When I saw VF-103's tomcats in 2004, the notes I took on the canvas coverings fwd of the HUD was they were a very weathered looking OD green or even black. Reddog who I'm sure has seen more F-14's in his life time than I ever have, is more than likely correct.

I took a little artistic liscence on my models to give them a little character.

Edited by VFA-103guy
Chuck-

This is not exactly the best image to use, but it will have to do.

10317.jpg

Thanks- that pic shows the "burgundy-ish" color I've seen so many times on the rear glareshield, so a blackish-burgundy color might be within the zone for being correct too.

I am totally confused about the area you two are talking about. Good to see your stuff here Brian. Happy Bday a day late. I think I posted that last night on someone else's page.

Jim-

We're taling about the canvas coverings for the IP coamings.

Thanks for the belated B-Day wish!