Revell (neé Matchbox) 1/76 Kfz.69 and PaK.36 WIP

In work about a month. Yeah, I'm dead slow. If I was any slower I'd be taking it apart.

The main addition to the Protze is the rear suspension. The kit comes with the upper and lower arms molded as solid rectangles. I chain drilled out a rectangular hole in each of the eight sections to make them two arms and then built in the cross bracing using 25 thou contrail rod between the arms.

It's also got a scratch built tie rod and steering linkage and some brake lines up front. The exhaust is drilled out and I replaced the headlight mounting with phone wire. The headlights are molded solid so I sawed a slot across the front and then filled in the outer edges of the slot with some 20X20 thou square stock to represent the canvas blackout covers with the small rectangular hole in the center. I also scratch built the steering wheel and added some shift levers.

The PaK has got a bunch of little details added. The bore is drilled and I scratch built the elevation and traverse wheels. Hinges on the shield and the shutter for the sight opening in the shield were also added. And last, the wire grab handles on the ends of the trail.

The pictures are a little out of focus, but, it's hard to focus on it 'cause it's kind of tiny. The shield for the PaK is no bigger than your thumbnail.

dsc06313.jpg

dsc06312.jpg

dsc06311.jpg