I suspect this has been posted, but Zvezda B767-300s

Hi,

On a pure factual note, Zvezda has tooled the lower wing "intrados" and belly section as one single part, a design I like because it offers a better wing dihedral control. And another nice touch, to me, is the separate exhaust cone... not molded with each engine halve parts as it is the case with most of Revell latest kits. I haven't seen the sprues close but I can only dream it is as good as their IL-86, or even their Tu-154. I just hope the only 2 photos of the built up model, seen here and there on the net, were of an early test shot, the nose section, especially the cockpit, didn't look quite right. We'll have to wait another 1-2 months before having a look...

Edited by GearDownPlease
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Does anybody know what's the Boeing paint scheme for the Zvezda B767-300 kit? In the pictures on their site I only see a few white lines and a 767 logo other than the Aeroflot markings so I wonder. Are there reasonable sized photos of the sprues and decals somewhere on the internet?

Thx

Hello,

Does anybody know what's the Boeing paint scheme for the Zvezda B767-300 kit? In the pictures on their site I only see a few white lines and a 767 logo other than the Aeroflot markings so I wonder. Are there reasonable sized photos of the sprues and decals somewhere on the internet?

Thx

Hi dobilan,

http://www.airlinercafe.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=4441 ... but the sprue photos are not big enough to appreciate the details, which are said to be quite numerous.

God I can't wait to lay my hands on this kit :thumbsup: , I assume the same will happen as when Zvezda's Il-86 kit was release in my favourite hobby shop one morning, I came in a few hours later and grabbed all 4 kits available. Should this hobby shop stock 6 of this new 767, I would get all of them... huh, let my think about it:

- 1 PW-powered 767-200

- 1 GE-powered 767-200

- 1 PW-powered 767-300

- 1 GE-powered 767-300

- 1 RR-powered 767-300

- 1 PW-powered 767-300 with winglets

- 1 GE-powered 767-300 with winglets

- 1 RR-powered 767-300 with winglets (is it planned?)

- 1 GE-powered 767-400

- 1 GE-powered KC-767A

- 1 GE-powered E-767

... outch, make it 11, anyway they're quite nicely priced (around USD 24?).

I don't think there will be RR with winglets, due to only 3 operators (British Airways, QANTAS, China Yunnan)

Sounds like a great plan to me Steven, have fun!

You made a good point here, as I understand PW and GE "wingleted" 767-300s had to be certified separately and I don't see the small number RB211-524G/H 767-300s certified with the winglets, unless BA, Qantas and China Yunnan pay for it...

Actually, I'm not that mad about the 767, Il-86 or Tu-154 (more on the DC-10, MD-11, 747 & 777 side), it's just that Zvezda did such a fine job when it came to tooling these kits, I've never seen such perfect fit of finer recessed details (especially on the Tu-154) on injected airliner kits, that's why I now have 6 Il-86s, 4 Tu-154s and many many 767s waiting to be built. I just hope Zvezda releasing airliners is not just a "mistake".

BA use theirs extensively on lower density long hauls out of Heathrow (Caribbean, USA), and recently 'dusked' them, putting in lie-flat seats and PTVs. I could see them adding winglets, as their 787s are a long way off, and it will add to the value of the planes when they sell them. Qantas use them mainly on domestic and NZ flying I think.

Steven, just watch out, there are 2 kinds of GE engines on the 762, some of them look more like a hybrid PW/GE mix (a bit like the Revell engines, really!)

I'll be ordering mine, and trying to get hold of some American Airlines decals, to make N350AN, which I flew to RDU on last year. Anyone know of any?

I'll be ordering mine, and trying to get hold of some American Airlines decals, to make N350AN, which I flew to RDU on last year. Anyone know of any?

RDU aye? That's very near my neck of the woods! :thumbsup:

Steven, just watch out, there are 2 kinds of GE engines on the 762, some of them look more like a hybrid PW/GE mix (a bit like the Revell engines, really!)

Hi vc-10, yep early 767-200s had these "early" CF6-80A2s (which Revell may have tried to reproduce in their 767 kits?... it is true that the Revell engines look more like early CF6s) while 767-300s and late -200 had the "newer" CF6-80C2B7Fs that are, from a modeler's point of view, identical to those powering the 747-400.

Hmmm, those Zvezda photos are indeed small but the engines, late CF6s, look very nice. And I read that, regarding the main landing gears, even the brake disc blocs and linkeage are provided, "à la Revell A330/A340". And the belly/wing-fuselage fairing looks to be much better shaped.

Gosh I love :woot.gif: that kit already!

Edited by GearDownPlease

"Early" CF6-80A2s (early 767-200s): http://www.airliners.net/photo/Airborne-Ex...-281/0363544/L/, you will notice the shape of the intake and cowling which is slightly different (smaller diameter) but that's the exhaust cone which differs much notably (more bullet-shaped, less streamlined than on the "newer" CF6s)

vs

"Newer" CF6-80C2B7Fs (767-300s and late -200s): http://www.airliners.net/photo/American-Ai...3-ER/0829347/L/

and identical _to a modeler's point of view_ CF6-80C2B8Fs (767-400s): http://www.airliners.net/photo/Delta-Air-L...2-ER/0257411/L/

vs

identical _again to a modeler's point of view_ CF6-80C2B5Fs (747-400s): http://www.airliners.net/photo/KLM---Royal...406M/0712427/L/

Edited by GearDownPlease

Well, I've got a sheet from my Revell kit for all the little markings! Perhaps Danny (Daco) will be able to release those details on a separate sheet.

Here is a direct side-by-side comparison of the nacelle and pylon for the CF6-80A2 and the CF6-80C2 as found on early and later 767s respectively. The fan cowling is shorter and smaller in diameter. The hot section has more of a curvature to it, more reminiscent of the PW4000 nacelle. The outline of the -80A2 is shown in red superimposed over the -80C2 drawing for comparison.

J

CF6s.jpg

Edited by Jennings
The hot sections on those drawings look identical though---the red -80A outline seems to fit the -80C perfectly.

Related question---any difference between JT9D-7R4D/E and PW40xx?

Trust me, it doesn't. They're different. The A2 has a curve to it, the C2 is straight.

As far as I'm aware, and according to the 767 station diagrams I have, the JT9D and PW4000 nacelles and hot sections are the same.

The difference is most noticeable in the hot section. The PW is the one with the large vent on the left side of the hot section, which is noticeably bigger than the vent on the CF6 hot section.

767engines.jpg

J

Edited by Jennings

So, does this kit have the C2 engines, then? I know next to nothing about 767s, but iit's looking like I might have to grab one of these and chop it up into a -200 for my Piedmont fleet.

Thanks!

Ben

RDU

I would have to say that's at least what they're attempting, since the kit is a -300ER, and the -300ER only has the C2 engines. There were actually very few 767s built with the A2 engines.

J