Freaking Trick Macross/Gundam models

And she had a VF-11 in "Macross 7 Plus".

And that -19 model is orange, not "Milia red". :thumbsup: (never seen that one before---the only orange -19 I know is one of the prototypes)

Which is about what that paintscheme (and markings) tend to imply, David may be on to something. It's either a prototype or a test jet of some sort.

Milia never had a VF-19 in the series... her VF-1 (probably a VF-1X by this point I'm sure... a plain jane VF-1J would be decades out of date by that point) got destroyed at some point in mid-series as I recall. She had a VF-22 Sturmvogel for the last couple of episodes as well as "fleet of the strongest women" (too bad we never get to see her face off against her sister meltrandi in it), plus the VF-11 as mentioned. I'm not aware of her ever flying a VF-17 in the series, despite some fan artwork that was popularly circulated picturing her with one.

The only red VF-17 I am familiar with was from the PS1 game "Macross: VF-X2", where in the character Manfred Brando piloted a milia-schemed VF-17 with a special sound jamming system installed on it (a really frustrating battle on hard mode). It is the artwork of this jet that was combined with a picture of Milia and circulated, leading many to believe it was in fact her jet, when in fact it is Brando's valkyrie.

Milia had a VF-17S in M7. It might have actually been Gamlin's, "stolen" and repainted. She took it as payment for him destroying her VF-1. Heck, her VF-17 was featured enough that it was one of M7's intro/outro pics. That might be the 'fan artwork' Skull Leader refers to---but it's as official as official gets.

As for the orange YF-19----it looks vaguely similar to the Super Nova-schemed prototypes, but my guess is a fan custom.

Edited by David Hingtgen