Me410 A-1: To The Finish! 11/7/10

hehe- kittens.

Thanks, guys! CorsairMan, you have to be a bit careful with that laquer thinner, yup! It just takes a little bit- I guess it neutralizes some active ingredient? It's all Dark Wizardry to me... :rolleyes:

I may well go to a contest in Fullerton, CA this Saturday and enter the Helldiver. What say ye?

Chuck,

I like that putty lesson but how do you avoid the plastic melting issue when you are swabbing with lacquer thinner?

Two things there...either use denatured alcohol or use a hobby based Lacquer thinner from either Tamiya or Gunze...they don't have the bad stuff in them that will damage plastic. I use it to clean up Mr Surfacer 500 at times. I need to get some of that light curing putty from Tamiya though...

Two things there...either use denatured alcohol or use a hobby based Lacquer thinner from either Tamiya or Gunze...they don't have the bad stuff in them that will damage plastic. I use it to clean up Mr Surfacer 500 at times. I need to get some of that light curing putty from Tamiya though...

Ah! Good tip. Here I thought lacquer thinner was uniform no matter where you get it. The stuff I have will eat through concrete

I've let my IPMS membership lapse- will I need to be current to enter? I'll have to stop by the Military Shop to pick it up and venture out to Fullerton. I'd hate to miss the entry deadline due to red tape!

I've let my IPMS membership lapse- will I need to be current to enter? I'll have to stop by the Military Shop to pick it up and venture out to Fullerton. I'd hate to miss the entry deadline due to red tape!

I went over the OrangeCon rules, and it looks like you can enter as long as you pay the entry fee. I asked one of the guys who is more versed in this and will let you know if I am wrong.

mason

Update, you are good. Only Nats requires IPMS membership. :worship:

Edited by doupnik
Hey, Dan- Mason- it was great meeting you guys at the the show. That's one tough crowd- I count myself lucky to get any trophy at an Orange show.... :worship:

Chuck it was great to meet you. You were robbed, but in all honesty, that Hellcat did have one of the guns opened up. :jaw-dropping:

All kidding aside, your Helldiver was awesome to see in person. Incredible work.

Look forward to more on your Me410. :monkeydance:

mason