Me410 A-1: To The Finish! 11/7/10

The final photo of the engine on top of the paint jars is stunning!! And using droplets of water for tiny decals....brilliant! It seems so obvious once I saw how you did it yet I never would have considered doing it that way. To think of all the frustration I've put myself through chasing tiny decals around the bottom of the bowl...lol.

Excellent update Chuk :thumbsup:

Lovely, excellent, Chukw your unique style is mind blowing!!

I agree. Not only is there some really nice modeling going on in this thread, Chuk even goes the extra mile with all of the illustrations to keep everything interesting. He really puts a lot of work into this thread, and IMO, it's well worth it. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, gents! Geez, Isaac- what are the odds? :)

Well, I've been cranking away for days, so here comes a flood- of tragedy- and triumph! Sometimes I think that none of the parts to this thing actually fit together, even though I know it a great kit. Once you start chopping, it all goes out the window as one tiny flaw can lead to another. Perseverance saves the day, and Fritzi shows you how. As a special present o you, there's a large size version of today's header at chukw.com

Me410_354.jpg

Me410_355.jpg

Me410_356.jpg

Me410_357.jpg

Me410_358.jpg

Me410_359.jpg

Me410_360.jpg

Me410_361.jpg

Me410_362.jpg

Me410_363.jpg

I have waited far too long to comment! This and the Helldiver are the models and tutorials that dreams are made of. There are very few WIPs that make me want to close the internet, break out a kit and start tearing into it with a vengeance. This is one of them!

From the pictures to the cartoons to the color commentary, this is truly a thread for the history books!

Awesome job Chuk!

5th time's the charm Chuck. Great save, and great illustration on how you did it. Your plight with the fit perfectly illustrates my contention that scratchbuilding a model can often times be easier than building a poor fitting kit. I'm not saying my scratchbuilding skills are that great, but building from plans and making the masters fit almost gaurantees that the model itself will go together well.

Happy New Year to you also Chuck. I hope to see lots more intstructional threads from you.

Cheers

Mike