Me410 A-1: To The Finish! 11/7/10

Thanks, guys!

Geedub, I did paint it dark gray first, then the outer gray. The frames were flush- very aerodynamic. I don't I'd want to outline them- might look like too much. Cheers!

Chuck, if I can get a small brush back past all that gun aiming stuff I'll do just that- thanks!

Final assembly is under way! I'm having fun bringing the parts count down on the bench, and up on the model! It feels really good to start crossing off items in earnest!

Me410_640.jpg

Me410_641.jpg

Me410_642.jpg

Me410_643.jpg

Me410_644.jpg

Me410_645.jpg

Me410_646.jpg

Me410_647.jpg

Me410_648.jpg

Me410_649.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, She's all put together- hurrah! I'll post some glamor shots soon, but wanted you to see it. At this point I'd just like to say thanks- for your readership, your support, your helpful criticism- and most of all, for your comradery throughout this adventure. Cheers, my friends- cheers!

chuk

Me410_650.jpg

Me410_651.jpg

Me410_652.jpg

Me410_653.jpg

Me410_654.jpg

Me410_655.jpg

Me410_656.jpg

Me410_657.jpg

A true work of genius! :jaw-dropping: Your threads are a genuine pleasure to read, thanks so much for letting us share the journey!

So.. What's next??

Thanx, my exact thoughts......Thank you very much Chuk..it has been fun :)

Your work inspires me to do better, and examine what I have at hand vs what I would like to depict. This was an extremely educational build for me. You are undertaking things, I have not the courage to try. But I have plans to try some of the techniques and ideas you have given us a look at.

Thank you for you for sharing so much with all of us.

Cheers!

-Al

PS, I'm also on edge about what is next on the bench... :rolleyes:

Congrats on making it across the finish line Chuk! And thanks for including the gaffs, mis-steps and mistakes you encountered along the way and how you handled them, that proved to be highly educational and motivational. ;)

Chukw, awesome work, i have been following your build for the last 6 months now, here and to aeroscale, and i am totally amazed, i can assure you that i have learned a lot and i have copied too many of your ''special techniques. Bravo my friend and i thank you a lot for this great tutorial. By the way where did you buy these small hand drills from? Please if you can send me a link?

All the best John

Chuckw You really should think about putting all your modelling posts from this thread together into a book. It would be an incredible resource.

At the very least could a mod pull out the specific posts where the incredible modelling work is done and put them into one sticky thread.

Link to this original if people want to see all the discussion but one thread with just the modelling posts would be a great thread illustrating how to really build a model.

As a resource it would be fantastic.

(as would a book pulling all the updates together)

THANKYOU Chuckw