Me410 A-1: To The Finish! 11/7/10

Holy Smokes!!!!

I haven't been here for some time now and I feel an urgent need to catch up too.

Chuk, what a brilliant thread you write here. Many thanks for the eye-catching stories and cartoons :bandhead2:

Now I go back to page 1 and read it through again.

Cheers,

Pierre

Edited by Scalephantomphixer
  • 2 weeks later...

Chuk,

I am verklempt! Your work is truly art, your characters are uber cool and your talents are beyond reproach. Your passions are my hobbies and you raise the bar in every category. I have to thank you for sharing your methods in great detail. Many Master Modelers and Artisans do not share their secrets or methods. You on the other hand, share and bring more people into the hobby and greatly reduce the learning curve and make it FUN! I applaud you for being so open with your techniques and being so down to earth. On the other hand, you just cost me a considerable amount of money. However, Mission Models, Wacom (PM sent) and a few other vendors will be quite happy, at least I am helping the economy.

Two more comments;

My female GSD, Dixie really enjoyed your cartoon characters!

DSC01578.jpg

And so did Herr General Galland!

IMG_0528.jpg

Oops, one more and the last! Manfred likes it too!

DSC00295.jpg

Rocky

Many thanks, guys! I've been enjoying work on the engine more than anything on the model so far- it could be a dangerous trend! I've been on a rather busy trend lately and haven't had much spare time to model. It's just life- glorious life- getting in the way. :D Stay tuned for more.... and cheers!

chuk

PS- Beautiful figure work, Rocky- thanks for posting!

Hello to all! Things have been keeping me quite busy lately- hence the lack of updates. It looks like you might not see me again for a couple weeks- sorry! All is well, so no need for worry- the 410 will keep for wee bit more.

To tide you over, here's an old snapshot of Hauptmann Hannah I found in my Uncle Wally's effects. He was tail gunner on B-17 Kitty Hunter, which she forced down in occupied France, capturing all hands and earning yet another Iron Cross. From the sour look on my Aunt's face when I asked her about the event, it seems Hannah was quite flirtatious with the crew and spared them from the wrath of the local Gestapo. Later in the war Uncle Wally was involved in an escape from his stalag, sneaking out in an empty sauerkraut barrel. He made it to Spain disguised as an itinerant pretzel salter, aided by nuns from the Divine Order of Ste. Bertranda the Topheavy. He lived a long and prosperous life, establishing a small but successful franchise of pretzel carts in New York and Chicago.

Me410_252.jpg

:cheers: ;) Chuk.........Chuk.........Chuk ya almost had me going until that Sauerkraut barrel escape; that's when things started to smell a little sour and then the order of nuns...OK that did it, I agree that was worth missing an update... I things settle down and you can get back the 410 soon :whistle: . Edited by Angels49

Chuk,

It is a great story. Although you did say it may be a couple weeks before we hear from you, and it's only been one long... LONG week... any chance we might have a bit of a snip of an update? I'm dying with anticipation.

• 3 weeks later...

Well. it's been a whole month! We've had a family visit, spent two weeks in beautiful Alaska, been busy at work, fixed a leaky toilet and more in the meanwhile. I even got a bit of work done on the ol' 410- Fritzi and friends will show you exactly what has transpired since our last visit...

Me410_253.jpg

Me410_254.jpg

Me410_255.jpg

Me410_256.jpg

Me410_257.jpg

Me410_258.jpg

Me410_259.jpg

Me410_260.jpg

Me410_261.jpg

How could we forget Hannah?

EXCELLENT WORK!!! Great tip too with the diag. cut on the strip styrene! Thanks for sharing! Glad to know you're back too, and that, amongst other things, the 410 is coming along. Had me worried there for a little bit as this is one of my favorite threads to follow along with. Your work really is something else.

Mark.

Ach I will not forget flirtatitios HANNAH..The story is priceles... Wunderbar!!!

Chuk your progressive reports always makes ME come back for more and I never tire of anything you show here

EXCELLENT.....

I LOve the way you write and the characters are SO loveble

that you forget that you are reading abot a model being constructed ....Just GREAT !!!!

AWESOME work.. :monkeydance::doh:

HOLMES :rofl: