Me410 A-1: To The Finish! 11/7/10

Geez, Doug- you've really shown how beautifully this kit can come out- and a sweet Uhu, to boot!

I'm deeply grateful for the warm reception given to my introductory post- many thanks! As usual, though, I'm running against the clock, so my lovely assistant Fritzi will get this project, um, into gear!

Me410_013.jpg

Me410_014.jpg

Me410_015.jpg

Me410_016.jpg

Me410_017.jpg

Nice!

I'm guessing the tool was used for adjusting switch relays. I used to work at a place that made such devices, ours were for transmit/receive switches in microwave antennae so were probably smaller than those used by the telco and so, our tools were smaller. (watch it!)

You adjusted the switching voltages and speeds to spec by bending a little arm up or down.

Chuck - very informative!

I made my rivet tool from a watch gear as well - but it's much smaller! Interesting info on those cloth patches - never noticed that.

Love the presentation and illustrations - that is very very cool.

Regards,

Frank

The riveting looks amazing. I used a pounce wheel to rivet a CH-53 that Im working on. Ive got several places where I made some boo-boo's and it never even occurred to me to use the Mr Surfacer that Ive got, to fill in the holes.

Fantastic, have been looking forward to a new build by you Chuck. Your last build on the SB2C was epic, someone could make a movie out of that.

As usual your an inspiration to us all, many thanks and good luck on the new build.

Baz.

Thanks so much, guys! Grey Ghost 531, that's fascinating- some guessed it would be for tucking wires neatly away, but others confirmed your ID of this odd little device. Oh, the wonders of the pre-digital world! :salute: Silver1- many thanks- all photos are nothing but rocket fuel for an OCD modeler like me.

Things are rolling- I've been offered a CMK engine set in trade, so put that on the list of Things To Chop Off and Rebuild. I'm thinking that this weekend I'll start on the tail wheel, like I should of at the very beginning. What- you don't start there? Everybody's a non-conformist these days. ;D Riveting will fill in the lulls of regular construction- stay tuned, angain, many thanks!

chuk