Me410 A-1: To The Finish! 11/7/10

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks, guys! I've thought it out and will be re-doing the furnace tape. I'll probably try Bare Metal Foil next, and do the smart thing of adding the rivets before putting it on the model! The riveter pushed the tape into the seams and spoiled the look. Oh, well- it really didn't take that long- and is a really important part of the whole look.

Hopefully I won't have to work the weekend-

Cheers!

chuk

I got a great suggestion and it has saved the day- not only did the black Milliput fill the gaps, they're unnoticeable from the inside as well. Cheers to Tony Bell and Terrance burns for the leg up!

Me410_623.jpg

Me410_624.jpg

Me410_625.jpg

Me410_626.jpg

Me410_627.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Chuck,

it looks very nice. Hard to comment on anything without overlooking another portion that looks just as good. I'm glad you finally got the canopy nailed down. Sure has been challenging !

Those tires and the wheel wells look awesome to me.

Cheer, Christian

Wow, Chuk! Another fun update. Is the tailwheel finished? I really like the whitewall look, but fear its not complete... As far as the paint goes, nice job blending in the rescribed area on the spine behind the cockpit. Of course, a splash of fresh paint would have looked just as authentic.

Great work as always.

Aaron

Hi Chuk,

Your Messerscnittzel is looking vunderbar on her own legs.

Thanks for this most entertaining of threads, always a delightful read.

Your patience and tenacity is inspirational and I definately appreciate seeing how you rectify issues after the fact.

I suspect this could make me unpopular here but may I ask a question? Have you ever considered painting the glazing framework black or very dark grey before you add the overall top colour? (I wonder if it might add a bit more depth to the "metal" framework?)

It's not easy to see clearly on my monitor and forgive me if this is not the case in real life but a couple of bits of framework look a bit sort of "2D" if that makes any sense.........?:banana:

Cheers.

:)

Great work and updates as always Chuck. I'm glad to see a real expert like yourself still have issues that you know are not perfect, but you're prepared to live with. This happens to me in every build, so I'm glad I'm not alone.

One thing I'm getting better at is putting band-aids on my screw-ups. As a possible band-aid on your cracked canopy, you might try a bit of Future thinned 50/50 with Windex bled into the small cracks. It won't eliminate them, but it does make them much less noticeable, much like they do for chipped windshields. Try to bleed the solution into the cracks with a small paintbrush on the side the cracks are exposed, which you can tell by feel using a soft plastic probe. Just an idea.