Me410 A-1: To The Finish! 11/7/10

Man, what a journey this has been. I just refreshed my memory, and realized this started March 15, 2009. The saying "time flies when you're having fun" really applies here. And now we bring down the final curtain of the most entertaining and imaginative in-progress build on the site. Hurry up Chuk,

I'm already experiencing withdrawal pains at the thought of not getting my "fix". Hello everyone. My name is Jeff and I'm a "Chukaholic". :crying2:

Well, thank you all for the kind, kind words! I've found the folks here to be most supportive and helpful- I've gotten many a tip here that have saved my bacon on this build! I am grateful.

Now, as for those drill bits, I got mine at a local flea market, but friends swear by http://drillbitcity.com/

As for 1/72- why not? I've got a few in the stash- including a Gato- but that's all for another day.

I've got some irons in the fire for my next projects. Over at Modelers Alliance (formerly Tanks and Things) I've actually gotten sucked into a 1/35 group build- oh noes, the DARK SIDE! You can see what's up here. It's been a good 25 years since I've built any armor.

Next up is the Planet Models Ju388, which I'll start in January for the Bomber Command gb, also at Modelers Alliance. I don't know why I volunteered for this, but maybe it'll keep me going a bit faster. Anyway, I'll continue to cross-post, so I'll be busy clogging up the wires on your boxes.

Cheers!

chuk

• 5 weeks later...

:worship: :worship: :worship: I just looked all the pics of this WIP... Impressive work... And a good reference for me... I'll build a Do-217M-11 and want to depict one of the engine cowling removed so the DB603 engine can be seen... Now I have more reference to do it :) Thanks for sharing. Best regards.

José.